Expect a Miracle: The Miraculous Things That…

Expect a Miracle: The Miraculous Things That Happen to Ordinary People

by Dan Wakefield

571207,436 (4)None

In this book Wakefield explores miracles of all sorts within all religious persuasions. The book is extremely well-written.

While reading the first chapter I was on the point of giving up the book since I found it too cerebral, but it became more interesting for me as we really got into the miracles.

The chapter about Lourdes is perhaps the most memorable for me. It turned out that though miracles of physical health are few and far between, many who visit Lourdes return transformed in faith and outlook.

But there was a tale of an outstanding miracle at Knock, “the Irish Lourdes”, where a lady suffering from MS, who had been paralyzed from the waist down for three years, experienced a wondrous instant miracle, rose from her stretcher and walked. The muscles in her legs had been wasted, but she was healed, and remained so. In the church she had been placed under a statue of our Lady of Knock, and had prayed to her not for a cure, since she knew she was going to die, but for her children, when she had heard a “whispering” voice telling her to get up.

The book contains a chapter about miracles of healing, one on miracles of recovery from alcoholism and addiction in general, and chapters on miracles of love, creating, encounter, presence and, finally, everyday miracles.

This is an absolutely inspiring, spiritual book, which will cleanse your soul (if you read it). I recommend it strongly, despite my initial reservations. ( )
  IonaS | Aug 16, 2011 |

A collection of personal miracle stories shares the experiences of people from different religions and various walks of life, including an Irish factory worker, a Buddhist at Berkley, and a prisoner at Sing-Sing. 35,000 first printing. $40,000 ad/promo. Tour.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:10 -0400)

Wakefield's eye-opening stories, representing all walks of life and faith, show that what is possible far transcends our conventional modern expectations and guides us to see the miraculous in everyday life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible