Help! I'm a parent by S. Bruce Narramore

Help! I'm a parent

by S. Bruce Narramore

741162,398NoneNone

With professional competence and deep spiritual insight, Dr. Bruce Narramore offers practical, workable answers to the dilemma of parenthood and child-raising. With so many conflicting ideas on child-rearing, today's parent needs a firm foundation. By drawing on both biblical and psychological truth, a solid basis for rearing children is established. By combining the practical insights of modern psychology with the lasting truths of the Bible, a solid and balanced approach to the problems of modern parenthood can be discovered.
  BethanyBible | Jan 22, 2010 |
Moderne Eltern werden mit vielen, oft widersprüchlichen Vorstellungen über Kindererziehung konfrontiert und suchen deshalb mehr denn je nach einem festen Standort.

'From the minute I got up this morning my kids were fussing and fighting, and finding creative ways to drive me nuts. Sometimes, on a day like this, I just want to give them away -- cheap!' 'I love them to death, but some days I'd like to know them into the middle of next week.' Do these sentiments sound familiar? Feeling guilty about your parental frustrations is not the answer. (Neither is giving your children away cheap, or knocking their heads together!) So where does a concerned, 'at-the-end-of-my-rope' parent turn for help? Since its first release in 1972, thousands have turned to Dr. Bruce Narramore's Help! I'm a Parent. In fact, over 150,000 copies of the original edition have already been sold. Now Dr. Narramore has revised and expanded his classic best-seller to include new material dealing with contemporary problems, like the challenges faced by single parents and working mothers. Help! I'm a Parent presents a practical, workable plan for disciplining children. From learning to deal effectively with temper tantrums and sibling fights, to handling difficult questions about sex, Dr. Narramore provides readers with a kind of 'owners manual' for kids. He also helps parents understand and meet their children's God-given spiritual and emotional needs. For parents who would like practice applying these principles in a study group of with their spouses, Dr. Narramore has also written the Help! I'm a Parent Handbook: A Twelve-Week Program for Raising Better-Behaved, Happier Children. The handbook includes questions, summaries, and though-provoking exercises that help you deal with your children's discipline problems.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:14 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible