Awakening Consciousness: A Girl's…

Awakening Consciousness: A Girl's Guide!

by Robin Marvel

'Never judge a book by its cover' the old saying goes and this is so true with this book, although I knew it sounded really interesting I did not realise how rich it would be in information. I had only started to read the book and I just knew I was going to love it. Here's a snippet-
"Reacquaint you with you, resulting in strengthening yourself from inside out. Allowing self-doubt to have a presence in your life based on the perspective others have of your worth has left you questioning yourself. How silly is that to let others determine that you are enough? Who are they to decide for you that you are enough? That is your decision and your power."

The book is full of positive thinking, basically waking up the true you that is already there just hidden away, you cannot fail to be moved by it. Full to the brim of wisdom, positive quotes, affirmations, many different techniques, easy and quick exercises, rituals along with plenty of room to journal your way through to the new you.

I always love reading about how we can help ourselves spiritually, especially through chakra's, aura's, crystals and the like. Not only does this book give you an overview of each chakra and its characteristics when each one becomes blocked or is too open, this is the first book I have actually come across that shows you how you can exercise your way through to balancing them. Another find I enjoyed was how to clean and boost our energies.

Easy to understand, not condescending in any way, just vital easy tools to help boost that happier and freer inner self we all have. Although I've read this once to review I am going to read it again to really work on the areas that are crying out for help and I think I will be referring to this book time and time again.

Every once in a while I have been lucky to find a book that I really connect with and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read this one x Next on the list for the author must be an audio book!! ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Sep 16, 2012 |
“Awakening Consciousness: A Boy’s Guide!” by Robin Marvel is a fun workbook for boys to help them get in touch with their spiritual awareness. By doing the exercises within, boys will learn how to read auras and how to have a healthy aura, chakras, meditation, meeting his spirit guide and more.

Each section ends with either an area for the child to draw (e.g.: “Now that you have felt your energy field, use the space below to draw a picture or write down how you feel about it.”) and or write about (e.g.: “Use the space below to write all the things you love about you.”). The author has interspersed Native American stories throughout to help illustrate what that chapter.

I think that the great thing about this book is that if a child draws and writes in all the sections, it will become a precious keepsake for him and something that he can return to when he is going through a troubling time. It will help remind him that he is so unique and special and that he should always remember that he is valuable and loveable and worthy. ( )
  HeatherMS | Mar 27, 2012 |
Awakening Consciousness was written for young girls. However, it would be very useful to all women. The workbook gives you simple meditation techniques to help you focus. I personally believe that meditation can be very effective. Through this workbook I have discovered that in stressful situations, meditation helps me to relax and focus on the problems at hand. I find that if I am in a quiet place it is easier to clear my mind and focus on specific details.
This workbook is a great way to help young girls discover who they are and who they want to be. It helps girls to know how to be the best that they can be. Awakening Consciousness is a very helpful resource when you are trying to learn how to improve your life or help to improve someone else’s life. This workbook teaches young girls how to be aware of one self. One could learn how to create one’s own future.
In my opinion, this workbook would be very helpful to all young girls who want to make their lives great. I would definitely have my own daughter give this workbook a try so that she can discover her true self. I believe that she would have a blast doing the activities provided in this workbook.
I would recommend adding more meditation techniques to give readers a variety of choices. Having more than one technique will help young girls to find which technique works best for them. I think that this is a great start for a workbook for young girls to discover themselves. However, I do believe that a more variety of activities would help a lot more.
The workbook was well written and very clear. There were no misunderstandings while reading the different activity directions. It is easy to follow and would be a lot of fun for young readers. ( )
  CNadeau | Oct 26, 2010 |
Robin Marvel has again issued the world with what I feel is a very powerful and positive idea. I enjoyed reading this and sharing the Native American lore stories with my young son. It was wonderful to see him understand the meaning in the story every time (and he is only five years old.)
I highly feel this should become a required book for school although I cannot properly assign an age to this as it would be up how much the child understands. However, the information is easily presented so all ages can begin an alternative lifestyle and embrace their true potential and leave behind the pettiness that comes with peer groups. With so many issues in the schools today regarding bullying and the chaos of life in general, it is worth it to slow down and honor you first. ( )
  AHauer | May 1, 2010 |
Robin Marvel has issued the world with what I feel is a very powerful and positive idea. For myself, I was this type of girl and it would have been wonderful to have this resource at my fingertips. Currently, I am a Certified Massage Therapist, Reflexologist and I work often with what is explained in this book. I utilize essential oils in my daily life for myself and my family. I also try hard to lead a non-judgmental life and teach these values to my young son.
My only major concern in this work, especially as this is clearly meant for the younger crowd, is that the oils are mentioned, but there is nothing issued in a form of warning on what oils to purchase. Many ‘health food store and massage warehouse’ oils are tainted with toxic fillers that can become harmful – used straight (neat) or in a blend as anything placed on the skin is absorbed in roughly twenty minutes. Effects of these oils can be felt via the skin or aroma, so buyers beware. Otherwise, I recommend fully as there are many wonderful ideas presented. ( )
  AHauer | May 1, 2010 |

Robin Marvel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Marvelous Spirit Press

2 editions of this book were published by Marvelous Spirit Press.

Editions: 1932690808, 1932690913

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,080,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible