Origin by J. A. Konrath

Origin

by J. A. Konrath

Series: The Konrath/Kilborn Collective (2)

The List (Kodibear)
    Kodibear: by same authur

Okay Okay.. Do not be mad I gave this book 2 stars based on the fact that I just did not like the story at all. I gave the additional star based on 1 factor and that is J.A. Konrath can write a book.

Okay... I know this is going to sound weird as hell but I have NO idea what I just read at all. I personally thought that the idea of the book was strange as hell (there is some reference here)! When I first started the book I was excited because I liked the premise but the main character, thing, devil, whatever the heck it was .. was annoying as ..... I think it would have been beeeeeeettttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr iffffffffffffffffffffff thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeee autttttttttthorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

would have written the dialogue Normal. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Great book, brilliant read with an amazing villain. I really enjoyed the book and found myself reading till much too late at night. It kept me guessing until the very end.

Definitely one to read. ( )
  Simon_Goodson | Feb 6, 2015 |
Origin is a great little book with outstanding characters and a hook almost guaranteed to get readers to open the book and start reading. The hook is that the US government has Satan captured and held in an impenetrable underground facility for well over a hundred years. As a team of scientists continue to run tests and experiments on the comatose demon, he suddenly wakes up and sets into motion a number of events that create an unforgettable reading experience.

The book has few, if any, slow spots and contains a number of interesting plot twists. Konrath writes in a flowing, cinematic style that keeps readers turning pages.

This is my third book by Konrath; "Disturb" & "Afraid" are the others and both are excellent. I will look for more from this under-appreciated author. ( )
  coachtim30 | Nov 7, 2013 |
Read/listened to the audio book. Fast paced, with a transparent plot of the devil unearthed. ( )
  JHopkinsBooks | Sep 4, 2013 |
Rather confusing at time, especially toward the end when the alien creature more or less, don't want to give it away so will stop there. Very interesting, a bit Sci Fi but worth the read. This book was one in the Ultimate Thriller Box Set.
  Grandy | Mar 16, 2012 |

The book isn't just about evading Satan when he (inevitably) breaks free. There are more lighthearted scenes, and not just dealing with the main character. Konrath shows a glimpse into the mind of almost every person in the complex. Instead of being limited to one or two viewpoints, we see the mistakes everyone has made, and how those mistakes are justified.
added by camillahoel | editReadAndFindOut, Tavi (Oct 18, 2009)

Konrath, J. A.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And when the thousand years ended, Satan will be loosed from his prison.
Revelation 20:7
"Where is it?" Theodore Rossevelt asked John Stevens as the two men shook hands.

When linguist Andrew Dennison is yanked from his bed by the Secret Service and taken to a top secret facility in the desert, he has no idea he's been brought there to translate the words of an ancient demon. He joins pretty but cold veterinarian Sun Jones, eccentric molecular biologist Dr. Frank Belgium, and a hodge-podge of religious, military, and science personnel to try and figure out if the creature is, indeed, Satan.--Amazon.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,530,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible