The Inheritance by Tom Savage

The Inheritance

by Tom Savage

This story kind of meandered along like a quiet country road...until, in classic Savage style, about 30 pages from the end you suddenly find yourself on the swerves and curves of a cliffside hill, barreling toward the end at breakneck speed. This is what I LOVE about reading Tom Savage's stuff...I think I know what's up, but I really don't until literally the last twist on the very last page. Bravo, TS, for getting me yet again. Nothing is better than a book that leaves you saying "Whoa" when you close it for the last time: Mission accomplished! ( )
  HockeyGoddess | Nov 6, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451198484, Mass Market Paperback)

Holly Smith has just inherited a fortune from a family she's never met. Now all she has to do is live long enough to collect it...

"A chilling story, with fiendishly stunning twists that will keep readers mesmerized and reeling." --Booklist

"Thoroughly spellbinding... one of the most intricately-plotted thrillers I have read in years...difficult to put down."--Tulsa World

"The sense of foreboding [is] brilliantly captured by Tom Savage. This powerhouse writer creates a memorable novel."--Midwest Book Review

"Taut, diabolically clever...a gripping read."--Booklist

* A selection of The Literary Guild/Mystery Guild

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:46 -0400)

A woman in California discovers she is not Holly Smith, but Holly Randall who was given for adoption as a baby. And she has just inherited the Randall fortune, that is if she lives long enough to collect it, other Randalls having hired a hit man to kill her.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,919,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible