Apeshit by Carlton Mellick, III

Apeshit (2008)

by Carlton Mellick, III

This was well written and obviously a tribute to evil dead style cabin horror movies, with excessive gore and exploitation film aspects. It was a quick and entertaining read. It's just that vaginal teeth have somehow lost their shock value on me and now anytime I hear the concept I am bored. But, the book was still shocking with its abortion fetishes and raping the monsters. ( )
  Zaccer | Jan 2, 2019 |
Carlton Mellick III's sickest book to date is a delicious treat for gorehounds and B movies buffs, but stay away if you're weak stomached or cursed with good taste.

Apeshit is cinematic and strongly written, exercising Mellick's talent for terse narration to first draw us into the world of the book, then slowly reveal just how weird that world is. Ultimately we're presented with a book with the gore and fetishism of Ichi the Killer and the gore and humor of Cabin Fever. This is a darkly hilarious work and I'd recommend it for bizarro enthusiasts, Mellick fans, and newcomers with a penchant for truly sick tales. ( )
  tankexmortis | Jul 12, 2009 |

Six trendy teenagers go to an isolated cabin in the mountains for a weekend of drinking, partying, and crazy sex, only to find themselves in the middle of a life and death struggle against a horribly mutated psychotic freak that just wont stay dead. Mellick parodies this horror clich and twists it into something deeper and stranger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,457,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible