The Woman Who Walked into the Sea by Philip…

The Woman Who Walked into the Sea (1991)

by Philip R. Craig

The Woman Who Walked into the Sea by Phillip R. Craig
This is one that I've not yet read from the series. Love this series as they are based on an island in the North Atlantic on a nearby island.
JW Jackson is a retired cop and loves living off the land and has a love interest Zee who works at the hospital. They get together often and share food, recipes and just being together.
THis book finds them attending parties and being introduced to others who are there on the island. They are in the English field and one of them has located a Shakespeare partial play that no one even knew about.
She has a habit of swimming at 6am everyday but one day she doesn't come back from the ocean.
Lots of fun, drama and gossip, so many laughs. Things don't add up and the woman's professor friend hires JW to investigate and he finds many discrepancies.
Love catching up with the others on the island.
1 vote jbarr5 | Mar 25, 2015 |
Cantankerous university professor, Marjorie Summerharp, goes for her daily morning 6:00 am swim and doesn't return. Ex-cop, Jeff Jackson feels that she didn't drown by accident but that someone did her in. As she had made many enemies with her personal attacks, in his mind there many suspects.

The story was fast moving and full of amusing people. However, I think this novel would be especially enjoyable to people who live on or visit Martha's Vineyard as author Craig describes the vistas and towns of the area. ( )
  lamour | Aug 8, 2014 |
This was a fun and easy mystery, likeable characters and a straight forward plot. It was a bit predictable - I actually guessed the mystery, which is rare for me. I am pretty clueless in the whodunit genre. But what I loved about this book is that it is set on Martha's Vineyard and describes the places, restaurants, scenery and people of the island. Perfect for a vacation to the Vineyard! ( )
  jmoncton | Jun 3, 2013 |
To my children,
Kimberlie and James,
fourth generation Vineyarders
whose island ancestors sailed
from the wild Azores.
We were on the clam flats at the south end of Katama Bay.
Death in Vineyard Waters was originally published under the title The Woman Who Walked into the Sea.

When elderly, censorious Shakespearean scholar Marjorie Summerharp, a good swimmer, drowns off Martha's Vineyard, Jeff Jackson, fisherman, amateur chef, and sleuth, is on the killer's trail.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,406,780 books! | Top bar: Always visible