The Apostle (Scot Harvath, Book 8) by Brad…

The Apostle (Scot Harvath, Book 8) (edition 2009)

by Brad Thor

8822015,145 (3.67)15
Member:ginger30297
Title:The Apostle (Scot Harvath, Book 8)
Authors:Brad Thor
Info:Atria Books (2009), Edition: First, Hardcover, 368 pages

The Apostle by Brad Thor

Recently added byartistlibrarian, BnTAZ, S.Gaston, private library, rena75, tjv3436

Scot Harvath was an American operative who lost his job with the down sizing done by the new president. However, the president has a job for him. One of the president’s big money supporters had her daughter kidnapped by the Taliban in Afghanistan. Harvath accepts the job and heads for Kabul. Meanwhile, one of the president’s Secret Service agents overhears a secret which could put the president out of office. Harvath assembles a security team that must first take a Taliban mastermind from the Afghans to trade for the kidnapped young CARE doctor. A daunting task, at best, which could unravel at any time. I enjoyed the characters, the mild humor and the extreme action in this adventure. Lots of local Afgan color added to the realism. This is the first book I’ve read by Brad Thor, but I will be seeking more. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Oct 9, 2018 |
This was a good book and I enjoyed the main character. I had not read any other books in the series but this didn't impact on my enjoyment of the book at all. The majority of the book is set in Afghanistan, and it did give you a real feel for the tribalism in Afghanistan. At the same time there is the intrigue of an investigation into the president that is taking place in the US. I did listen to the book, but it was one of those books I might have enjoyed more if I had read it instead. This is definitely the way I will be accessing other books in the series, as I do intend continuing with the series. If you enjoy this style of books I would recommend it. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
A kidnapped doctor in Afghanistan and a Presidential scandal. Two story lines that run concurrently through the book. For me, this book had it’s rare moments but overall it was a bit of a yawn. I think David Baldacci has spoiled me for this genre. ( )
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Another damn good book from Brad Thor. If you like thrillers laid around current events and military related you should read these books, you will not be disappointed. ( )
  Philip100 | Mar 19, 2015 |
The book opens with a quote by George Orwell - "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." This book might seem like just another thriller about character Scot Harvath but it is so much more. It's a true dedication to the real 'apostle' that you can feel the author is honoring through his craft of literature. I know your name is not Scot or James Ryan. As we progress through our ordinary lives and daily work and sleep peacefully each night may you know that you are America's true hero and we respect you more than these few words could ever express. May God Bless You & Keep You Safe. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |

George Orwell
For James Ryan, Warrior
Next to a stream of icy snowmelt from the Hindu Kush, a small caravan unloaded its contraband.
Stephanie Gallo's threat to the president "...the world is going to quickly find out that the new president was not only an accessory to the death of four innocent American people, but actively conspired to cover it up."

When American doctor Julia Gallo is kidnapped in Afghanistan, the terms of her ransom leave the president with only one course of action: send covert counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath to free the man the kidnappers demand as ransom--al-Qaeda mastermind, Mustafa Khan.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,435,410 books! | Top bar: Always visible