Raising The Sail: Living in Faith over Fear…

Raising The Sail: Living in Faith over Fear

by Nicole Johnson

191537,190 (2.5)2

One of three books based on Nicole Johnson's one-woman performances, Raising the sail is the short story of Maggie, a woman whose fear has turned her into a control freak and hurt her relationship with her daughter as a result.

What works really well in a live performance doesn't translate well to the page. In performance, Nicole Johnson conveys all the deep emotion and spiritual anguish that life can bring. On the page, even a 50-page long (with generous margins) narrative of one woman's thoughts seems overly long and preachy. I'll stick to watching my DVD, seeing her performances instead of reading them. ( )
  bell7 | Jan 20, 2012 |

Just as sailboats are made for the wind, women are made for relationships-and with both it takes faith to overcome the fear to let go and trust God's direction. In this final book in the Faith, Hope and Love Trilogy, dramatist Nicole Johnson creates a visual reminder that God is in control. Instead of frantically paddling or "motoring" our way through the seas of our emotional connections with each other, she challenges us to freely let go and trust the "Windmaker," God Himself, to help us find our way.
Nicole Johnson is no stranger to the anxiety, worry and fear that life often brings. But like a loving parent, God does not leave His children to face the closet of our fears alone. He walks beside us as our strength and guide, uncovering our fears and laying them all to rest.
Raising the Sail, a 2002 Women of Faith drama sketch, illustrates the power and promise of God and fully reveals that faith in God can bring us through the darkness into a new day.
A powerful antidote in a world that depletes women of the God given-confidence and assuredness to release their fears, Raising the Sail offers the stirring reminder that all things work for the good of those that love the Lord.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:38 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,308,558 books! | Top bar: Always visible