Piggy and Dad Go Fishing by David Martin

Piggy and Dad Go Fishing

by David Martin

I liked this book for two reasons. First, the plot of the books is well organized. On the book, it not only started from fishing but also showed how they prepared for the fishing. When they arrived at the fishing place, it showed all the steps of fishing including placing the bait, times of waiting and finally catching the fish. Second, I think this book pushes readers to think about the issues. While many animals around the world are treated unfairly and being killed, it shows the readers that every life matters and it is important. ( )
  ykim31 | Feb 22, 2016 |
I liked this book for a few reasons. I liked that the author used alliteration to support descriptions. For example, “fried fresh fish”. The alliteration example also uses descriptive adjectives. I also liked that the author utilized personification by having the pig characters have human characteristics. For example, they talked and wore clothing. I also liked that the author enlarges the text “I got a bite!” to create emphasize on an accomplishment that that Piggy made. I liked that the author gave the reader clues about the story by having illustrations of worms and donuts on the inside pages of the cover. The big idea of the story is to be kind to all living beings. ( )
  ktran4 | Feb 20, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076362506X, Hardcover)

After a close encounter with a smiling worm and a sad-faced fish, it's no wonder that Piggy and Dad invent a new form of fishing that's fair game for everyone!

Piggy is going fishing with Dad for the very first time, and he couldn't be more excited. But when he comes face to face with the bait—an irresistibly cute worm — tenderhearted Piggy starts thinking about the sport in a whole new way. In this warm, funny father-son tale, the popular Piggy and Dad move on from a Brand New Reader format to their first full-length picture book, one that's sure to have loyal fans hooked — and that will reel in new friends as well.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:29 -0400)

When his dad takes Piggy fishing for the first time and Piggy ends up feeling sorry for the worms and the fish, they decide to make some changes.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,375,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible