John, Paul, George & Ben by Lane Smith

John, Paul, George & Ben (2006)

by Lane Smith

These boys don't quite fit in for one reason or another. They are unique in their own ways. One enjoyed large signatures, one enjoyed chopping wood, one enjoyed words, and one had to yell. These boys turned into our founding fathers that did great things for our country.
  sam91h | Jun 12, 2017 |
I loved how funny this book was! It told facts about these important figures in history in such a funny and engaging way that students will love! I love the way the illustrator has Thomas way at the bottom of the page until she mentions him. Its like he's peeking around the corner of the pages.
  makensiecowart | Oct 17, 2016 |
The book had great illustrations. I loved that the book spoke the truth, yet included elaborated and funny facts to keep students interested. ( )
  cccoch9041 | Oct 3, 2016 |
I'm not sure how many children will get the Beatles' references (love the title page), but that's ok. The educator in me appreciated the true/false list at the back. But most of all, it's funny. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This story would be good when introducing our finding fathers to young students. This book is silly, but still has some true stories that these men did.
  mackenzie1992 | Feb 28, 2016 |
I get by with a little help from my friends. Special thanks to Alessandra Balzer, Steven Malk, Molly Leach, Mark Egan, Dr. Mary Leach, Anne Diebel, and a big tip of the tricorn hat to Bob Shea. Hear! Hear! Smartest lad in ye olde house.
Once there were four lads: John, Paul, George, and Ben.*

*Make that five lads.

A humorous look at five of our country's founding fathers.

Once there were four lads...
John [Hancock],
Paul [Revere],
George [Washington],
and Ben [Franklin].

Oh yes, there was also Tom [Jefferson], but he was annoyingly independent and hardly ever around.

These lads were always getting into trouble for one reason or another. In other words, they took a few...liberties. And to be honest, they were not always appreciated.

This is the story of five little lads before they became five really big Founding Fathers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:12 -0400)

A humorous look at five of our country's founding fathers.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,085,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible