Spawn: Collection, Vol. 1 by Todd McFarlane

Spawn: Collection, Vol. 1

by Todd McFarlane

Adam's Review (4 Stars) :Ahhhh Spawn... next book on my "nostalgia comics tour", and the starter and Flagship title of the Image Universe. This wasn't really a comic I read very much of growing up, but I was always a "fan from afar" having watched the movie and the HBO cartoon series.
There's just something that appeals to me in this character. Perhaps its the amazing art. Maybe the incredible powers. Probably it's the story. Al Simmons comes back to life after making a deal with "the devil" to be able to see his wife again. He makes the tragic hero choice to become evil blindly, only for another chance at love. Why this resonates so heavily with me.... not sure, would I make the same choice to see my wife again?
Though I know who killed Al, and I know that revelation will come in the next Volume, I never did find out what happened when the "Timer" on his powers ran out. I'm going to stick with this run till that happens.
High Recommend! ( )
  LaneLiterati | Apr 18, 2014 |

"Apaga la tele, enciende la imaginación. Estudios recientes han revelado que los niñs y las niñas de nuestra sociedad pasan más de tres horas diarias frente al televisor. Los pedagogos advierten que este hábito favorece la obesidad, los problemas de visión y la pasividad en los más pequeños. Qué podemos hacer?" Las propuestas de este libro proporcionan a los niños alternativas a la televisión o a la videoconsola. Estas iniciativas didáticas nos permiten disfrutar de buenos ratos al lado de nuestros hijos, e incluso darles los intrumentos para que se diviertan solos mientras aprenden"--Contraportada.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible