Loving Him by Kate O'Riordan

Loving Him

by Kate O'Riordan

192537,190 (2.63)None

I absolutely loved her first novel "The Angel in the House" but was not blown away by this one.

Connie and Matt have been together since their teenage years. Whilst on vacation in Rome, Matt bumps into the love of his life, Greta, the girl who left him as a 17 yr old. Can Connie get him back to her (the one who stayed) and to their family of 3 sons? ( )
  coolmama | Dec 5, 2010 |
If I summarized the plot you would probably laugh...but this is not meant to be primarily a funny book. It's just that O'Riordan has put together a rather weak and unbelievable story. However, the reason I found it be be actually an OK book is that the core characters: the mother, her three sons and the father, all struck a resonance with me. The experience of feeling that you love your children, and then not long after feeling that you can't stand living with them any more, was well described by O'Riordan and caused me some considerable reflection on my own family situation. The emotions felt by the wife-mother at the prospect of her husband's possible affair with an old mutual friend seemed realistically complicated to me. ...but maybe I'm just a simpleton. I won't, however, be adding Kate O'Riordan to my list of authors to be followed up. ( )
  oldblack | Nov 2, 2009 |

Connie and Matt Wilson, once childhood sweethearts, have worked hard to achieve their dreams—their gracious London home, their 3 beloved sons, and a stable, trusting marriage. When they go to Rome for a romantic weekend, they enjoy a break all married couples dream of—exploring, eating, making love. But on their last day, Matt tells Connie that he is not coming home with her. She returns to London—and their three sons—alone. Loving Him is the story of what happens when the love of your life bumps into the love of his life—the one before you, the one he never got over. Secure, happy, unquestioning—a random encounter sets off a chain of events that turns a woman’s existence from blissful domesticity to dangerous obsession.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:21 -0400)

'Loving him' describes the consequences of a random, chance encounter and how it sets off a chain of events that turns a woman's existence from one of banal but blissful domesticity to one of dangerous obsession.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible