Song of the Axe by John R. Dann

Song of the Axe

by John R. Dann

71None168,809 (3.38)1

No reviews
I offer my book as a contribution to that youthful science which seeks to trace the growth of human thought and institutions in those dark ages which lie beyond the range of history.

From The Golden Bough by Sir James George Frazer
This book is dedicated to the memory of our dear friend Marthe Commissaire, for introducing my wife, Barbara, and me to the ancient cliff shelters and caves of France, where our prehistoric ancestors lived and loved and left their beautiful cave paintings

I also wish to thank hte following people: my wife, our children, John, Janet, and Catherine, for their love and encouragement.

.And for their friendship and help,

our good friend Ruth Beebe Hill;

my agent, Bernard Shir-Cliff;

and my editor, David Hartwell, London, 1890.
The old man shoved the log farther into the fire.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812589505, Mass Market Paperback)

In the tradition of Jean Auel's famous Clan of the Cave Bear, Song of the Axe is about the rich panorama of prehistoric life spread out on an epic canvas, and the origin of myth in historical events.

Song of the Axe is the story of two lovers, Agon and Eena, and their family, who lived 30,000 years ago. Agon is a great warrior, a master of the deadly axe song, the music of his weapon. Eena, beloved of Mother Earth, can fight like a man and cast a spear better than anyone. They and their tribe live by the banks of a huge, glacier-fed river at a time near the end of an Ice Age, when fearsome invaders threaten their lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:13 -0400)

Followed by : Song of the earth.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,224,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible