Two Truths and a Lie by Katrina Kittle

Two Truths and a Lie

by Katrina Kittle

After really enjoying "Traveling Light", I was looking forward to reading another by Kittle. I just couldn't get into this one and finally put it aside after 50 pages. It's at my local library so I'll try again on another occasion. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
I loved some parts of this story and certainly fell in love with both Dair and Peyton. There were so many good things to enjoy about this story...the struggles they each had with addiction, their pure love for each other and their dogs, the idea of really listening to the animals in our lives. But I found there were almost too many stories happening at once to keep track of. it was a lot of work to follow the stories related to the death of one character and it felt like a mystery novel wrapped in chick lit. I would have enjoyed it just as much or even more without so many threads weaving together. At the same time, I want to recognize the author's tremendous empathy and beautiful writing. I am glad I read this book. ( )
  Lcwilson45 | Dec 10, 2013 |
Traveling Light was my first read by this author, and I enjoyed it so much I picked up Two Truths and a Lie. I am not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed this book also. I love how Katrina Kittle combines fiction with life's social issues, problems, family relations, communication, and in this book our relationships/communications with our animal friends/pets. Along with all this there was suspense in the story with enough twists to keep me reading to find out "who did it". I look forward to reading more books by this author. ( )
  LorettaR | Aug 22, 2013 |
For Scott
In celebration of ten years of
"a nonstop slumber party with my best friend."
Dair was a habitual liar.

Dair Canard has long been a master at weaving stories out of thin air. A natural actress, she leads a life that's a minefield of untruths she can never admit to anyone—especially not to Peyton, her husband of eight years. But the bizarre death of her best friend and fellow actor—initially thought a suicide, then believed to be murder—is forcing Dair to confront the big lie that led Peyton to fall in love with her in the first place. Haunted by the terrible events that are suddenly ripping her life wide open, Dair is struggling to find answers—taking steps that could well lead to the destruction of her marriage, her career, and even her freedom.

But everyone around her has secrets and something to hide. Dair's determination to unravel the decade-old web of her own tightly woven deceptions is awakening inner demons she has fought hard to control . . . and revealing that she's closer to a killer than she ever imagined.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:26 -0400)

"Dair's husband, Peyton, is waiting for her at the airport, and she is, as always, extremely late. While she's stuck in traffic, a startling figure throws himself across the hood of her car, dashes between idling bumpers, and hurls himself over the guardrail. When Dair and Peyton learn the victim was their close friend Craig, and that his death may have been a murder, Dair's life is suddenly plunged into a state of chaos. The intricate web of white lies she's been telling for years now threatens to destroy her marriage, her career, and even her freedom."--Front flap of jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,446,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible