The Wedding by Julie Garwood

The Wedding

by Julie Garwood

Series: Lairds' Brides (2)

Recently added byrena75, Rhodus, YvonneEdwards, SusanBrock27, private library, spelite

This is not one of my favourites of the Garwood books. I felt the two main characters didn't have the usual chemistry and the lead man was TOO hard and bitter. I don't mind if that is part of the character but it was overkill here in my opinion. But on the bright side, I enjoyed his seconds in command. Too bad there wasn't a story about Quinlan and Faith. He seemed like a fun character! ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book. It was what I need to read to take a break from more heavy things in really life. I thought the book was funny, and adventurous ( )
  lemonpop | Nov 22, 2017 |
Through the beginning was wonderful, the plot and the dialog after the first 3 or 4 chapters felt rushed and some scenes I felt needed elaboration. I got the sense that she was just churning out another story for the masses without putting as much soul into it as she has with many of her other novels. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Brenna has been promised in marriage to a highlander and is kidnapped on her way to his holding for the wedding by Connor, the Laird of the MacAlisters whom she’d written to when she was a young child, asking him to marry her. He marries her right there in the woods to prevent his enemy from having her.

This is a sequel to The Bride, written back in the 90s, taking place many years after the original story. What this story has going for it are the interesting characters and one thing the author does oh, so well; humorous chaos. To Connor, this is a marriage of convenience and his wife is causing havoc in so many areas of his life. Brenna is the type of person who wants to please and she puts up with a great deal from both Connor and his stepmother; too much at times. That can get uncomfortable for the reader. But she knows what she wants and is determined to get it.

I’ve read this story a number of times in the almost twenty years it’s been out, although I can’t claim to enjoy it as much as I did The Bride. But after reading the author’s contemporary series, it’s nice to come back to. ( )
  dearheart | Mar 23, 2014 |
At 10 year’s old Connor MacAlister gets proposed to by a young Brenna. It’s a proposal that he never forgets and apparently decides to take seriously now that he is in need of a wife. Without leaving Brenna much of a choice Connor marries her in a quick wedding and gets her back to his clan. At first Brenna is resistive, but then she slowly comes to like Connor and his clan and in the case of all happly ever after romance novels they, of course, end up liking her.

I quite liked Brenna as a heroine. She has a knack for starting trouble without meaning too and she’s forgetful with her things. Although these seem to be her only flaws, she was as endearing as the clan found her to be. Connor, however, I didn’t quite like as much as other Garwood heroes. He did have serious issues to battle so I felt emplathic towards him, but he was less humourous than Garwood’s other heroes. He did end up softening towards the end and grew on me though. Overall, this is a quick read and perfect for a romantic escape
  Jaguar897 | Mar 31, 2013 |

González, RamónIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Herrera, AnaTraslation revisorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lavedan, DeliaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tröger, EmilComposersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my sister and dear friend,
Mary Kathleen Murphy McGuire
Prologue
The Highlands, Scotland, 1103

Donald MacAlister didn't die easy.

1119. Journeying from England to Scotland to wed a highlander, Lady Brenna had resigned herself to the arranged match. But when a band of fierce, painted warriors captured her en route, she fearlessly met their demand to marry their leader -- the quick-tempered laird Connor MacAlister. She couldn't know that her capture was merely the first act of vengeance against her betrothed, Connor's sworn enemy.

Brenna harbored no illusions that her husband was in love with her; after a hasty forest wedding, MacAlister assured her she could return home once she had borne him a son. But she could not deny that she had once proposed to MacAlister -- ten years ago, when she was just a child, and the visitor to her father's castle charmed her with his dazzling, unexpected smile. Now, as she sets out to win the brave chieftain whom she has come to adore, a legacy of revenge ensnares Brenna in a furious clan war -- and only her faith in her gallant hero can save her....

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671871005, Mass Market Paperback)

Only a master could top the stunning success of For the Roses, and Julie Garwood has proven once again why she "attracts readers like beautiful heroines attract dashing heroes" (USA Today) with this joyous New York Times bestseller. Returning to the enchanting world of her classic The Bride, she brings the soaring adventure, love and rivalry of medieval Scotland to glorious life in a delightful tale her fans will adore.

Journeying from England to Scotland to wed a highlander, Lady Brenna had resigned herself to the arranged match. But when a band of fierce, painted warriors captured her en route, she fearlessly met their demand to marry their leader -- the quick-tempered laird Connor MacAlister. She couldn't know that her capture was merely the first act of vengeance against her betrothed, Connor's sworn enemy. Brenna harbored no illusions that her husband was in love with her; after a hasty forest wedding, MacAlister assured her she could return home once she had borne him a son. But she could not deny that she had once proposed to MacAlister -- ten years ago, when she was just a child, and the visitor to her father's castle charmed her with his dazzling, unexpected smile. Now, as she sets out to win the brave chieftain whom she has come to adore, a legacy of revenge ensnares Brenna in a furious clan war -- and only her faith in her gallant hero can save her...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:30 -0400)

Connor MacAlister kidnaps and marries Lady Brenna and professes only to want her for the heir she can give him, but he soon realizes he longs to hear that she returns his undying love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,345,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible