Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

Wherever Nina Lies (edition 2010)

by Lynn Weingarten

Member:LakshmiChaitanya
Title:Wherever Nina Lies
Authors:Lynn Weingarten
Info:Point (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 320 pages

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

I thought this girl was crazy road tripping to try to find her sister. It was very predictable what happened to an extent. Like what do you expect to happen? No matter this was very enjoyable and I could not stop reading it. I just wish there was a little more to the ending. I need a sequel or something. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
This was a decent mystery that turned into a decent thriller and a decent debut novel. There are quite a few flaws, but the plot was interesting enough to keep me reading. And that's the major flaw - it's plot-driven rather than character-driven. The resolution reminded me of an Agatha Christie novel where everything is revealed in the last chapter; where the reader feels slightly manipulated by the author's penchant for withholding information. Perhaps that's a tad unfair... But one thing I do have an issue with is this: great to include a gay character, but why, oh why does he have to be the stereotypical fairy? It's insulting to include such a one-dimensional character in this day and age - Brad deserves more than to be just a plot device. On the whole, though, not bad. I'd like to read her next one. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
With an unrealistic plot and superficial characters, this book did not appeal to me in the slightest. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Come by my blog, Forever Lost in Books, for MORE reviews, giveaways, interviews and memes!

My Kinda Opinion : So, since it's been a while since I've done a review, and I wanted to do this quickly, this is going to be short. So, here it goes!

This was Lynn Weingarten's debut novel, and I know her second, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartsbreakers, which, just so you know, has a gorgeous cover. Wherever Nina lies has too a beautiful cover, but TSSoH (her other book!) is gorgeouser (that's not even a word! XD).

I liked this book so much! I finished it in less than 2 hours!! I kinda finished it in one sitting... so that would be my first one sitting book! Ahhhhh! It's a really quick read!

I didn't seen the twist in the book coming! I was like : OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! (that sums how I was... yep)

So, yeah, I really really really want to read her second book! And I hope it's as good!

4 roses and a half! ( )
  ccathee17c | Jun 7, 2013 |
Nina was beautiful, artistic, wild...and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, without any warning, Nina disappeared. Two years later, Ellie can't stop thinking about her sister. Although everyone else has given up hope that Nina will return, Ellie just knows her sister is out there, somewhere. If only Ellie had a clue where to look. And then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing tucked into the pages of a book. Determined to find her sister, Ellie takes off on a crazy, cross-counrty road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance-her hot, adventurous new crush. Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Mysteries. Lies. And something far more shocking...the truth. ( )
  missnickynack | Jul 3, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 054506631X, Hardcover)

KIRKUS called this heart-pounding YA mystery "gripping...Sibling loyalty, quirky characters, misplaced trust and the very questionable kindness of a stranger guarantee a riveting read."

Nina was beautiful, wild & adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But, one day, Nina disappeared. 2 years later, everyone has given up hope that Nina will return, but Ellie knows her sister is out there. If only Ellie had a clue where to look.Then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing. Determined to find Nina, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance - her hot, adventurous new crush. Along the way,Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Lies. And the most shocking thing of all: the truth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:28 -0400)

Two years after the disappearance of her older sister, sixteen-year-old Ellie goes on a quest to find her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,761,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible