I Don't Know What to Say by Robert Buckman

I Don't Know What to Say

by Robert Buckman

How to talk and listen and learn what to say. This book covers the transition from the early stages of terminal illness, including spiritual aspects, and how to keep lines of communication open.
  LibraryPAH | May 1, 2019 |

When faced with a dying person, the combination of fear, embarrassment, guilt and profound sadness can make the most caring person feel helpless. For many of us, dying is so far removed from everyday experience that we just don`t know what to do.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0679732020, Paperback)

When people we love are dying, we all too often are unable to help them — or even talk to them — or face our own conflicting feelings about the impending loss. This authoritative and empathetic guide demystifies the dying process and offers practical advice for the friends and families of the terminally ill. In "I Don't Know What to Say..." Dr. Robert Buckman, a distinguished oncologist who was himself once diagnosed as having a fatal illness, confronts these questions:
— What should a patient be told about his or her illness?
— How can the patient's supporters cope with demands that may seem angry and irrational?
— What are the crucial differences between caring for a dying parent, spouse, or child?
— How can you help someone dying from AIDS, cancer, or a dementing illness?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:59 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,760,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible