How to Hunt Ghosts : A Practical Guide by…

How to Hunt Ghosts : A Practical Guide

by Joshua P. Warren

I liked it. Most of the info was stuff that I've heard before on the many and varied ghost hunter adventure asylum shows. Makes a good starting point if you were going to hunt the phenomena. Cadi and i have discussed doing this at some point. This makes a good guide for the uninitiated. ( )
  texascheeseman | Nov 21, 2015 |
Just reinforcing what others have said ... this is a good general book. The author is not too preachy or condescending. At the current shelf price of about $7 US, this book imparts a lot of general knowledge of the subject matter per buck. ( )
  DougUnit12 | Nov 5, 2009 |
As a paranormal investigator with over seven years of field experience, I've read a lot of ghost hunting "how-to" guides. While this has a fairly small targeted audience, I found it to be an informative and fast paced read. Much of the information doesn't differ too greatly from most other investigation guides available, but Warren seems to include more of the technical and theoretical side. His grasp of such is impressive.

Being such a dynamic field with no real hard evidence, some information is already being outdated, and can be open to interpretation. Therefore, this book should be used as a resource, but not a definitive set of guidelines for the field. I also would not recommend it to anyone who is not involved in paranormal investigation, nor has any plans to be. ( )
  TheresaHPIR | Jan 14, 2009 |
While I don't recommend people hunt "ghosts", or seek them out to tell them to feel free to use their brain to communicate, I do wish that the scientific community would get to work understanding what the hell is going on--and how. Warren's book has a nice bit of information along with some theory. I don't agree with everything he states, but he certainly is taking the right approach in trying to understand the "ghostly" phenomenon. As Joshua so reminded us here, let us not forget the late Carl Sagan's words: "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." ( )
  endersreads | Sep 23, 2008 |

In How to Hunt Ghosts, paranormal researcher Joshua P. Warren teaches the novice ghost hunter the basics, which above all include treating the paranormal as any other scientific field: one requiring well-documented research and hard evidence. This unique guide breaks down the theories, explains the tools of the trade, and even offers forms to facilitate your investigation. Peppered with anecdotes from Warren's personal experience, How to Hunt Ghosts offers answers to such questions as:

• What is a ghost?

• How does a ghost interact with the world?

• Where can you find a haunted house?

• Why do people usually see ghosts at night?

• How do you record a ghostly encounter?

If you suspect you live in a haunted house and want to exorcise a ghost or attempt spectral communication, or if you are interested in pursuing a career as a ghost hunter or are simply curious about the paranormal, this intriguing and informative guide is for you.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:43 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible