Couch World by Cathy Yardley

Couch World

by Cathy Yardley

2005 (1) 2010 (1) 20111003 (1) book (1) bookmooch (1) chick lit (8) couch surfing (1) dj (1) eating disorder (1) favorite (1) fic. (1) fiction (4) goodreads (1) homelessness (3) humor (1) ILL (1) keeper (1) Library Loan (1) modeling (1) music (5) own (1) PC (1) RDI (2) read (3) reader2 (1) red dress ink (1) romance (3) San Francisco (2) sent (1) to-read (3)

This was not one of my favourite Red Dress Ink books. I am glad it was not my first one I ever read as I may not have picked up another.

I'm thinking it was the topic that turned me off. I've never been a clubber or a raver so the whole thought of giving up everything to be a DJ does nothing for me. Also, the love interest was not all that likeable for me. ( )
  Jebbie74 | Jul 28, 2007 |

I woke up having no idea where I was. It's a familiar feeling. If I did know where I was. . .then I think I'd be worried.

P.J.'s life is simple. Wake up at 2:00 p.m. In someone else's place, on someone else's couch. Shower. Clothes. Club. P.J.'s a punter--someone who fills in if a Didn't able to make a gig. San Francisco is a hotbed of glam bands and alternative rock, and P.J.'s into all of it--she's been living the urban Bedouin lifestyle for almost a year now, saving money to create the blow-out, off-the-hook demo of the music she loves, the music for which she deliberately abandoned "normal."

Ever wondered what it would be like to pack it all in and live the carefree life--no 9 to 5, no daily grind, no routine, no one to check in with? P.J. knows how it's done. The most important element? Lots of friends, with couches. One night it's Cecil's high-end settee, the next it's Sticky's lumpy sofa. P.J.'s even got smarmy Samantha to make sure there's always a hideaway bed from hell in the wings. But when a reporter infiltrates her life, then acts as if she wants to make it her own, P.J. senses real trouble. Could this spell the end of couch world?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:38 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,810,723 books! | Top bar: Always visible