Usborne Beginners: Dinosaurs by Stephanie…

Usborne Beginners: Dinosaurs

by Stephanie Turnbull

Other authors: Tetsuo Kushii (Illustrator), Zoë Wray (Illustrator)

Series: Usborne Beginners

210155,654 (4)None

Summary: This is a book that tells about the dinosaur world. It talks about big and small ones, plant eaters, meat eaters, and hunters. The book tells about the dinosaur king, some staying in herds, and about their eggs and babies. The book also talks about what scientists think happened to the dinosaurs and how we now find their bones. It has pictures to show what they believe these dinosaurs looked like and what their environment looked like as well.
Personal Reaction: It is a good book for children who are beginning to read on their own. They will still need help, since some of the names are really long and even hard for me to pronounce, but there are many simple words for the children to try to read. Their are colorful pictures and very good descriptions for children to understand. Good comparisons so to get a good idea about the sizes of some of these dinosaurs to others and to man.
Classroom Extension Ideas: We have some dinosaur skeletons that we can put together and puzzles. We have many toy dinosaurs and we put them in the block area, with blocks, mountains, trees so that they can use their imagination. We have posters on the wall in the block area that can show them how they lived. We also have small dinosaur skeletons that we put in the sand table for them to find with shovels and sifters,and magnifying glasses. ( )
  graycl | Apr 19, 2013 |

Stephanie Turnbullprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kushii, TetsuoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wray, ZoëIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clark, Neil D. L.Ymgynghoryddsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mayer, UweIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meek, ElinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Welsh Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
[Dim]
[Dim]
Anifeiliaid oedd deinosoriaid oedd yn byw filiynau o flynyddoedd 'nôl, cyn bod pobl ar y Ddaear.

An illustrated introduction to dinosaurs for children.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible