Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
LPIC-1: Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide: (Exams 101…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078214425X, Paperback)LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide
Here's the book you need to prepare for the LPI Level 1 exams from Linux Professional Institute. This study guide was developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's certification candidates, and has been reviewed and designated as LPI Approved Training Material. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that readers have come to expect from Sybex, this book provides:
* Clear and concise information on Linux technologies and topics
* Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
* Coverage of key topics such as security, the boot process and scripts, and kernel maintenance tools
* Linux compatible exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards for your Palm
You'll find authoritative coverage of key exam topics including:
* Linux command line tools
* Using regular expressions
* Managing shared libraries
* Configuring hardware
* Designing a hard disk layout
* Creating partitions and file systems
* Configuring X Window system
* Managing GUI logins
* Customizing a desktop environment
* Creating a custom kernel
* Managing the shell environment
* Configuring a boot loader
* Managing servers
* Configuring Samba
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:00 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.