Time of Your Life (Buffy the Vampire Slayer,…

Time of Your Life (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 4) (edition 2009)

by Joss Whedon, Jeff Loeb, Karl Moline (Illustrator), Eric Wight (Illustrator), Andy Owens (Illustrator)

Member:johnmiah
Title:Time of Your Life (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 4)
Authors:Joss Whedon
Other authors:Jeff Loeb, Karl Moline (Illustrator), Eric Wight (Illustrator), Andy Owens (Illustrator)
Info:Dark Horse (2009), Paperback, 136 pages

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 4: Time of Your Life by Joss Whedon

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Volume 1 by Joss Whedon (EmScape)
    EmScape: For those who enjoy graphic novels based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, this is the definitive text.

This was a pretty startling departure from the storyline in the first three volumes. Buffy finds herself sucked into the future and meets Fray! That was pretty damn awesome... for a while. I loved watching them interact and fight side-by-side. But things got pretty serious and dark pretty quickly. Definitely neat to see more of Fray's universe (dystopian futures are in right now, in any case). But what had to happen... what Buffy was forced to do... I did NOT see that coming! (Probably because so many random things happened, and it was difficult sometimes to figure out where the story was going).

I liked this volume, though not as much as previous storylines. Onward to Volume 5! ( )
  katekintail | Jul 9, 2016 |
*Book source ~ Library

Buffy hops forward a few centuries and lands in future New York where there is only one slayer left in the world.

I read this and I’m completely lost. I have no fucking clue what this story is even about. Buffy must go forward in time? Why? I have no clue. It makes no sense to me. And the future speak? It gave me a headache. Not crazy about the illustrations either. There is a parallel story involving Twilight, but it’s minor and kinda lame. Dawn’s dumb storyline continues. All-in-all, not that impressed with this one. ( )
1 vote AVoraciousReader | Jul 2, 2015 |
While I don't really care for the format, this graphic novel had a decent story line involving time travel, among other things. There were a couple of unexpected twists. But, ultimately, the comic book format only allows for so much in the way of story development. It always leaves me feeling dissatisfied. However, as I am a huge fan, I can't resist the draw of reading more Buffy. :) ( )
  Dawn94 | Dec 20, 2014 |
I might have liked Time of Your Life a little better if I'd read Fray first. That whole storyline seemed confusing, then hand-wave-y, then rushed. Also I spent too many minutes trying to remember why I hated Kennedy so much. Maybe I should have rewatched season seven first, too.

I did enjoy the Big Reveal, though.

(four-and-a-half stars) ( )
  karinnekarinne | Apr 3, 2013 |
Time travel!! Dream sequence!! ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |

Joss Whedonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Loeb, JephAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moline, KarlIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Jeanty, GeorgesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Owens, AndyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chen, JoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bad day. Started out bad, stayed that way.

Explores the complex relationships between fiercely independent Slayers and the dangerous people they keep closest to them.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,523,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible