Ruby Red (Ruby Red - Trilogy) by Kerstin…

Ruby Red (Ruby Red - Trilogy) (original 2009; edition 2011)

by Kerstin Gier, Anthea Bell (Translator)

Title:Ruby Red (Ruby Red - Trilogy)
Authors:Kerstin Gier
Other authors:Anthea Bell (Translator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, 2011 Honorable Mention
Tags:fantasy, time travel, mystery, adventure, romance teen

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier (2009)

English (111)  German (6)  Italian (2)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (121)
YAY! People who time-travel who aren't prepped within an inch of their lives for it! My kind of girl- I really like Gwen a *lot* and can't wait to see how she fits in with her Aunt's prophetic waking dreams. ( )
  DeborahJ2016 | Oct 26, 2016 |
I really give this book 3 1/2 stars. I enjoy the characters and the plot of the story I just feel like the wasn't very much that happened in this book, I was waiting for and kept feeling like it was leading up to something really big. I will continue with the series to see how it ends. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
Time Travel! Confusing prophecies! England! Oh my! It's almost like an episode of Doctor Who! Gwen is a normal teenager girl with a big family secret. She comes from a family of time travelers and her cousin Charlotte is supposed to be the next family member with the inherited gene and Gwen has been told what to do and how to help Charlotte, except Charlotte's not the time traveler Gwen is. Gwen is confused and shocked the first time she travels back and she panics because this is not how it was supposed to happen Gwen was the normal ignored teenager in her family and Charlotte had prepared her entire life to travel back in time. So suddenly Gwen finds herself trying to catch up and learn what she's supposed to know and deal with the infuriating Gideon all the while her mother keeps telling her not to trust anyone in the secret society of time travelers.

I really enjoyed this book personally. I discovered it on a shelf at Half Price Books and I fell in love. Gwen is your pretty basic teenager for the most part just trying to catch up with suddenly being special because she's a time traveler. I would recommend this book to anyone who love the idea of time travel, whether they be Doctor Who fans, readers of The Time Travelers Wife, or have seen Back To The Future Parts 1-3 a million times. ( )
  oxlabyrinthxo | Jul 10, 2016 |
This is a phenomenal book! One of my favorite reads in a long while! It's been a fantastic journey that this book has taken me on! I would highly recommend this book to all ages! It's a trilogy that will occupy anyone's mind with a story worth reading! ( )
  Phoebestone97 | Jun 30, 2016 |
Sixteen-year-old Gwyneth discovers that she, rather than her well-prepared cousin, carries a time-traveling gene, and soon she is journeying with Gideon, who shares the gift, through historical London trying to discover who they can trust. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Kerstin Gierprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bell, AntheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lemaire, NellyTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Elk, Dolphin, and Owl, who kept me company while I was writing, and for a little red double-decker bus that made me happy at just the right moment.
Prologue: As she fell to her knees and burst into tears, he looked all around the park.
Chapter 1: I first felt it in the school canteen on Monday morning.

Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon, the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.

Sixteen-year-old Gwyneth discovers that she, rather than her well-prepared cousin, carries a time-travel gene, and soon she is journeying with Gideon, who shares the gift, through historical London trying to discover whom they can trust.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,847,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible