Unplugged by Lois Greiman

Round two with Chrissy and her wacky co-horts, secretary Elaine, the Geekster J.D.,Lieutenant Rivera, and a few of Chrissy's clients.

Elaine wants Chrissy to find J.D., who's been missing since he went to a tech convention in Vegas. For whatever reason, Chrissy doesn't want to accept that Elaine and J.D. are pseudo-dating, but she agrees to see what she can do. After agreeing to look, Chrissy meets a new guy, gets kidnapped, shot at, threatened, forced to deal with a surprise familial visit, and witnesses the aftermath of a possible "murder",all while dealing with the mixed signals coming from Lt. Rivera.

Overall, Chrissy isn't that bad, although I'm not sure why she felt it necessary to lie to Elaine about J.D. Haven't most women had that BFF dating someone we didn't think was right for them but still tried to be there for support? But I digress. At least Chrissy wasn't that shallow in that she actually felt guilty for lying to Elaine. And for the love of canned ham, can Chrissy's sexual drought come (that's what she said!) to an end? I'm hoping that by book 3 she and Rivera have danced the horizontal tango. ( )
  scottnl | Jan 16, 2014 |
Laugh out loud funny ( )
  shomchick | Feb 28, 2010 |
Last word first: Fantastic! Funny, sexy and completely entertaining. Great for Stephenie Plum fans. Book 2 of a series. This review contains no spoilers, and this book reads pretty well stand alone. You can read my review of the first book, Unzipped, here.

Description: Having recovered from her previous unfortunate bout with a completely unhinged client, psychologist Chrissy McMullen is back in the armchair, counselling her merely kooky clients. And life is pretty good. Until sexist computer geek JD Solberg disappears. Which you would think would be cause for celebration! But Chrissy's best friend Elaine is head over heels for Solberg, so Chrissy sets her mind to finding the creep.

Before too long, Chrissy realizes she's not the only one looking for Solberg, and that he might be in more trouble than she thought. Time to call in Lieutenant Jack Rivera to the rescue! If only he weren't so irritating.

What I liked about this book: It was fast-paced and funny. I don't know why this series isn't better known, because it's pure entertainment. Chrissy makes an engaging protagonist, and I love Rivera.

What I didn't like: Well, it's not terribly original, but in this case it wasn't a huge downside for me. ( )
  vanedow | Jun 5, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440242630, Mass Market Paperback)

Christina McMullen, psychologist extraordinaire, has problems–not least of which are her needy clients, a schizophrenic septic system, and her sizzling-then-fizzling romance with Lieutenant Jack Rivera. But Chrissy has yet another problem she’d like to ignore: finding her secretary’s missing boyfriend. Okay, so she secretly hopes the vertically challenged computer geek has harmlessly departed from Elaine’s life–after all, there’s no evidence to suggest foul play. But when her razor-sharp instincts, honed by years as a cocktail waitress, start screaming, she’ll have to use all her skills to protect Laney and herself from a fate far worse than heartbreak…and a little more like murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:01 -0400)

Struggling to cope with her needy clients and her up-and-down romance with Lieutenant Jack Rivera, psychologist Christina McMullen joins the investigation into the disappearance of her secretary Elaine's boyfriend, computer geek J. D. Solberg, a search that leads her right into the middle of a bizarre embezzlement scam.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,984,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible