A Picture Book of Rosa Parks by David A.…

A Picture Book of Rosa Parks

by David A. Adler

Other authors: Robert Casilla (Illustrator)

Series: Picture Book Biographies

This is a great book for children who are old enough to understand it. But I would say that around 2nd or 3rd grade level would be good. Depending on when you want to start teaching your children about racism. When you know they can understand racism, hatred, etc. and not have it freak them out too much if at all. (I'm putting it this way because I know all children have to come into things when the individual child can handle it)

It was well written and the pictures were amazingly drawn. Rosa's likeness was captured well, as well as Martin King's and others that were drawn in the book (known and unknown).

I originally bought this book for my nephew who is right now 4 years old but I think it's perfect for him to have it in his collection of books and when his mother is ready for him to listen to the story or read it himself, she'll have it. ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
In 1955, Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat to a white person on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama, even though she was breaking the law. She was arrested, and African Americans throughout the city boycotted buses. Rosa Parks's courage to fight injustice led many to call her the "Mother of the Civil Rights Movement."
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 24, 2018 |
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 2, 2018 |
A great book for children to learn about Rosa Parks' life. They book has beautiful illustrations that shows what everything was like back in that time period. It has a great story about sticking up for yourself and others and that's always a good thing to do in life. ( )
  mp1139 | Mar 25, 2018 |
This story of Rosa Parks was mostly general facts about what we already know about. Something new that I had never learned was that not only did blacks have to sit in the back of the bus, but sometimes they even had to get off when they got on and then re-enter the bus using the back door, instead. This must have been for humiliating purposes. It was also sad that her husband, her brother, and her mother died around the same time before gaining their freedom. ( )
  jherrera | Oct 19, 2017 |

David A. Adlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Casilla, RobertIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 082341177X, Paperback)

Her refusal to give up her seat on a bus helped establish the civil rights movement.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:03 -0400)

A biography of the Alabama black woman whose refusal to give up her seat on a bus helped establish the civil rights movement.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,602,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible