Paper Dolls (Y: The Last Man, Book 7) by…

Paper Dolls (Y: The Last Man, Book 7) (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra

Member:G_Riv
Title:Paper Dolls (Y: The Last Man, Book 7)
Authors:Brian K. Vaughan
Other authors:Pia Guerra
Info:Vertigo (2006), Edition: 2nd Printing, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Read, Unowned
Rating:***
Tags:comic

Y: The Last Man Vol. 7: Paper Dolls by Brian K. Vaughan (2006)

This installation of the Y story jumps around a bit in time and space from east to west coast USA, Australia and Japan. It is an example of when simply collecting comic book editions into a larger graphic novel doesn't work so well. It is still very entertaining however, filling in some backstory about 355, Yorick and Beth (and the *other* Beth) and even some of Ampersand's history. ( )
  questbird | Jun 22, 2014 |
Yorick, 355 and Dr. Mann are in Australia for a day, so Yorick insists on getting off the ship to search for his fiance. We also learn some background on 355's life, and a little bit about Yorick and Ampersand.

I really liked this one. I found 355's backstory interesting and there were a few other interesting progressions in the storyline. They did go back and forth in time a few times (not only for 355's story), but the time and place are marked at the start of each section. ( )
  LibraryCin | Apr 5, 2014 |
Yorick finally makes it to Australia! While Dr. Mann and 355 agree to let Yorick take a look for his long lost girlfriend Beth, they encounter more trouble than expected.

This volume seemed more like a something Vaughn used to tie up loose ends. It felt as if almost nothing progressed here. We're met with two back stories that while interesting, failed to really alter the story in any way. That being said, it's not really all that bad, just not as great as the series has been.

Books 6 and 7 didn't really leave as large of an impression on me as the earlier installments. I'm hoping that Vaughn has a plan here; that the series doesn't become a jumbled mess. I have 3 more entries to go and I have pretty high expectations! C'mon Vaughn, don't let me down! ( )
  branimal | Apr 1, 2014 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Jan 28, 2014 |
3/5

The story of Yorick and everyone had been going at a decent pace until this book. It stalled and felt more like filler. Granted I'm happy that Yorick finally had proof that Beth was alive but of course she left to find him. I also liked seeing Hero and other Beth meet up and the relevation of her condition. ( )
  renrav | Sep 22, 2013 |

Brian K. Vaughanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guerra, PiaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Marzán Jr., JoséIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sudžuka, GoranIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Have I seen any men? You mean since the big wipeout?

When a plague of unknown origin kills every mammal with a Y chromosome, Yorick Brown discovers that he is the only male left and embarks on a transcontinental journey to discover why.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,616,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible