The Captive by Scott O'Dell

The Captive (1979)

by Scott O'Dell

71None168,809 (3.5)1

No reviews
Author's Note: This story is based on the legend of the Mayan god Kukulcan, who mysteriously appeared out of the north some time around the sixth century.
By the cock that crew for our holy apostle St. Peter, by the bronze horse of Toledo and the six bishops of Valladolid, I swear that all I put down here is the truth.

As part of a Spanish expedition to the New World, a Jesuit seminarian witnesses the enslavement and exploitation of the Mayas and is seduced by greed and ambition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:22 -0400)

As part of a Spanish expedition to the New World, a Jesuit seminarian witnesses the enslavement and exploitation of the Mayas and his own seduction by greed and ambition.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,373,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible