Criminal Justice by Barbara Parker

Criminal Justice

by Barbara Parker

In the first pages of the book are short phrases of reviews on this title as well as on other titles by Barbara Parker. For Criminal Justice, the Key West Citizen said, "Realistic dialogue, gritty details, and plot momentum!" I really enjoyed this book not only for the story but as a thought-provoking glimpse into our criminal justice system and maintaining the balance of one's own integrity and ethics to "do the right thing" at each step of our life journey.
After posting this review on GoodReads, I thought I'd check to see if Barbara Parker was on FB as many of the authors now have pages. My search led me to this site to learn that she passed away. I'm so terribly sorry to learn of her death and that there was a long illness. I am definitely a fan of her writing and am so grateful for the stories she shared. Very sad that her life was cut short so young. RIP.
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
PS3566 .A67475 C75 1997 (VJH Recreational Reading Shelf)
  Farella | Mar 30, 2011 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451184742, Mass Market Paperback)

Dan Galindo, hero of Barbara Parker's fourth novel, Criminal Justice is living proof of the maxim "nice guys finish last." Once a federal prosecutor in Miami, Galindo lost his job when he refused to put a dubious witness on the stand and thus let a drug lord walk. Now he is in private practice, defending a beautiful rock star on minor charges. But before you can say "Book him, Dano," Galindo finds himself up to his neck in a labyrinthine world of drugs, crooked cops, laundered money, and murder.

Parker handles this latest tale of the seamy underbelly of the law with cool elan. Her rendering of the South Florida landscape is authentic, and the characters who slither through it are convincing, which puts Criminal Justice at the head of its class.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:44 -0400)

For refusing to let a lying police informant take the stand, Miami prosecutor Don Galindo is fired from his job and now ekes out a living. He eagerly agrees to represent a lady rock singer, falls for her, but she turns out to be a drug baron's moll and Galindo is in trouble again, caught between drug dealers and the police.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,652,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible