Brady by Jean Fritz

Brady

by Jean Fritz

Recently added byjanetwashburn, slaterfamily, kidsread, private library, joyseeker22, mejerrymouse, dcubed1

This book is about a young boy named Brady who is in the middle of a controversy of his mother being for slavery and his father being against it. Brady is known for not being able to kept secrets so when he finds and underground railroad near his house he is forced to form his own opinions of slavery, and is able to keep on of his very first secrets.

I loved this book because the underground railroad has always interested me. I think that it showed a great character of Brady for keeping a secret after everyone has doubted him. I definately plan on adding this book to my collection. I think that it talks about a very great and important part of history that everyone should experience.

This book could be used in the class room to talk about the history of slaves and the underground railroad, along with the importance of it all. I think another great use for this book would be to teach the importance of keeping a secret and being able to be trust with something that is important.
  BriannaCrawford | Oct 30, 2011 |
Brady Minton has a bad habit of indiscretion. He can't keep a secret, and his father doesn't trust him. This is the story of how Brady earns his father's trust during the time of the underground railroad. Excellent, under-appreciated fiction.
  mebrock | May 11, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0698119371, Paperback)

Brady has never been trusted with secrets, until now. When he discovers an Underground Railroad station near his family's farm, he is forced to make his own decision about the slavery controversy. Whatever his decision may be, he knows that this is one secret that must be kept.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:54 -0400)

A young Pennsylvania boy takes part in the pre-Civil War anti-slavery activities.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,380,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible