Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop…

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in… (original 2001; edition 2007)

by Brian Tracy

Member:madharasan
Title:Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
Authors:Brian Tracy
Info:Berrett-Koehler Publishers (2007), Edition: 2nd, Paperback, 128 pages
Collections:Your library, Finished Reading
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Self Improvement

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy (2001)

English (28)  German (1)  English (29)
4 stars ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
This was a nice refresher as it reminded me of my training I did with the Franklin Covey planners over 20 years ago. I have not been placing A's, B's and C's and then A1, A2 and so forth on my tasks. I was also doing the smaller quick tasks first to get them out of the way and then not leaving time for the big tasks. Not because I was procrastinating but I thought I could get more items checked off my list. I will now eat the nastiest frog first and know I will be more efficient. I will say, listening to this book was a little bit of a hoot as I could just picture the author sitting i a recliner with a table and lamp sitting next to him with a very old cassette tape recorder sitting on the table. The sound quality made the image happen. Even if you don't think you procrastinate, which I don't, this is a great reminder of what order things should happen to become more efficient. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Brian Tracy
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Good summary of timeless principles. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
As a productivity and motivation manager, Eat That Frog! wins all around. The tips given in it are clear, actionable items, not bogged down by the psychology or theory behind them (though I will admit, that is sometimes nice to know), and the author has a thoroughly peppy, motivational-speaking tone.

Truthfully, these were often the book's greatest weaknesses as well. I could have used a little more evidence (he often cites statistics, such as how starting and stopping a project can "increase the time necessary to complete the task by as much as 500 percent", curiously without any references to where he pulled that number) (110). Additionally, I am immediately suspicious of anyone who claims that he can "guarantee" that a reader who follows his advice will double their income within a month - which he does twice, once at the beginning and another later while relating a story of one of his clients who managed this. This approach may be motivational, but also had a distinctly slick salesman approach to it; testimonials and guarantees are pitfalls to the prudent-minded.

In short, my impression of Eat That Frog is very similar to that I had to Dave Ramsay's Money Makeover - the salesman, "Try my product and see your life change, guaranteed!" approach was a turn-off, but there is good advice inside. Just take it with a grain of salt. ( )
  kittyjay | Jan 2, 2016 |
To my remarkable daughter Catherine, an amazing girl with a wonderful mind and an incredible future lying before her.
This is a wonderful time to be alive. (Introduction)

There's an old saying that if the first thing you do in the morning is to eat a live frog, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that it's probably the worst thing you'll do all day. Eat That Frog! takes this saying as a metaphor for tackling the most challenging task of your day - the one you are most likely to procrastinate on, but also probably the one that will have the greatest positive impact on your life. Bestselling author Brian Tracy shows how successful people don't try to do everything, but instead focus on the most important tasks. With three vital rules of effective personal time management: decision, discipline and determination, and twenty-one practical and doable steps to help you stop procrastinating, this book will appeal to anyone who wants to get more of those important tasks done - today!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:04 -0400)

Brian Tracy gives the advice of doing the most difficult task first so that you can feel positive about yourself and move on to the other tasks of the day.

416 wanted6 pay17 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,627,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible