The I LOVE YOU Book by Todd Parr

The I LOVE YOU Book (edition 2009)

by Todd Parr

Rating:*****
Tags:Valentine's Day

The I LOVE YOU Book by Todd Parr

a review of the BOARDBOOK

THE I LOVE YOU BOOK has been very popular with adults and the little kids they share it with. It was first published waaaay back in 2009, and now, FINALLY, it's been done as a boardbook.

Since there are tons of reviews that will tell you about the theme, let me focus on what the boardbook is like.

It's the standard boardbook size. The front has a heart, and the inside of the heart is soft and squishy to the touch.

The inside artwork it totally Todd Parr. All done in extremely bright cheerful colors. The pages are slick, and importantly, they are thick and sturdy. (I don't know about you, but my boy was rough on boardbooks. I would think this would would hold up fine.)

The only downside I found was that there are two pages with dark purple backgrounds and this makes it a little difficult for my eyes to make out the text.

Altogether an adorable boardbook version of Todd Parr's I LOVE YOU BOOK. I just love the theme of unconditional love. Because that's how we are. We love our darlings whether they have stinkie poopie pants, or are struggling with their algebra. ( )
  PamFamilyLibrary | Dec 3, 2013 |
This book will warm the heart of any parent of a young child. Parr's colorful, unique illustrations capture young eyes and magically keep their focus. His text entertains and delights ("I love you when you are stinky"/ "I love you when you hide my keys"/"I love you just the way you are"). One of Todd Parr's best books. I can read it over and over and not grow tired of it! ( )
  DayehSensei | Jun 17, 2011 |
The first thing that I notice from this book are the vibrant colors and they just make me want to smile or even draw a picture. Each page of this book is filled with one more reason from parent to child (or whomever the reader is to child) that "I love you" when and why. It is a fabulous book and has an absolutely wonderful message that is so important. This book was my first Todd Parr experience, but will definitely not be my last. I cannot wait for more books and to go back and find some of his already published works out there. Definitely a keeper for my child's shelf. I cannot wait to be able to share this book with my baby again (outside of the womb). *grin* ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
Reviewed by Me for Kids @ TeensReadToo.com

I have truly enjoyed each and every one of Todd Parr's books, and THE I LOVE YOU BOOK is one of the best.

Perfect for bedtime, the story shares a parent's love for a child, no matter the situation. When they're tired and cranky, when they're messy or stinky, when they're sleeping or shopping, when they're walking or making new friends, mom and dad will always be there, loving them the entire time.

As always, the illustrations are what make the story so great. Bold, bright, and multicolored, they compliment the easy-to-read story perfectly.

This is another winning picture book by Todd Parr to add to your home library. There's no doubt young children will ask for it before bed again and again. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 11, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316019852, Hardcover)

I love you when you give me kisses.
I love you when you need hugs...

Most of all, I love you just the way you are.

In his newest picture book, Todd Parr explores the meaning of unconditional love in a heartfelt, playful way. Featuring a heart-shaped die-cut and sparkling silver foil on the cover, this is the perfect way to say, "I love you!" Parents and caregivers are sure to be inspired by Todd's vibrant illustrations and tender sentiments, and will enjoy sharing this very special book with the little ones they love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:43 -0400)

Celebrates the love one person has for another, whether they are dancing or strolling, on snowy days and sunny ones, no matter what.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,213,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible