Bones To Pick by Carolyn Haines

English (10)  Piratical (1)  All (11)
Two Southern women have their own PI agency,when then are dragged into murder investigation. The sexy brother of the women thought to be the killer hires them ti find the real killer. He has a lusty heart and a wicked gifting mind for one of the ladies. Some funny gift's and moments here, he is my favorite character. There are twists and turn everywhere, along with death and danger. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Cute as always - only in the South is it conceivable to have a murderer preying on lapsed debutantes for social infractions. In any event, it's always a pleasure to go on a journey with Sarah Booth and Tinkie (and Jitty), though this was not my favorite - at a certain point in a series it's necessary to flesh out the characters a little more, which is what is really going on in this book, but what I've enjoyed most about this series is that they are decidedly fluffy. ( )
  tulikangaroo | May 30, 2012 |
Another great installment of the series. ( )
  AdorableArlene | May 10, 2011 |
This was a great read in the series we get to see more of Sarah’s relationships with her friends and men in her life. This mystery keeps you on your toes. ( )
  BarbsReviews | Jul 26, 2010 |
Hawt Dayum! This is such a good series. And I've only read two of them! Now there's a whole lot that's happened between book one, THEM BONES (my review), and book 6, so I will be going back to catch up. I meant to read the series in order, but this one popped up on my wishlist on RecordedBooks and I couldn't wait to spend time with Sarah Booth and her buddy Tinkie and the rest of the crowd.
I adore Sarah Booth. She calls it as she sees it, recognizes a bitch when she sees one and is ready to help a friend whether the friend realizes she needs help or not.
Sarah Booth and Tinkie are hired to find the killer of a local girl who wrote a scathing tell-all book about her community of wealthy high society folk. Everyone is a suspect and it's up to Sarah Booth and Tinkie to find the real killer. Things start to accelerate and my jaw dropped when the killer was revealed.
I do love Sarah Booth, but my favorite character in this book was Tinkie. She has some emotional turmoil of her own to get through and wants to get through it on her own, but she still is out there with Sarah Booth investigating. And she is so funny and I kept wanting to reach in the book and hug her. She and Sarah Booth are women I admire, tough and sweet and I always imagine them wearing a strand or two of pearls. And are willing to call a bitch a bitch.
Five Southern sweet tea diamonds.....and a big ol' string of pearls..... ( )
  Squeex | Jun 17, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0758210914, Mass Market Paperback)

Wickedly witty and full of more dirt than a debutante's diary, the mysteries of Carolyn Haines bring the southern Delta to roaring, rollicking life...

Intrepid P.I. Sarah Booth Delaney has been known to single-handedly save her family's Mississippi plantation, converse with Dahlia House's ghost, and capture a killer or two. But when a local girl is found dead in a cotton field, it's enough to make a lady toss back a Bloody Mary before noon on Sunday.

Someone held twenty-three-year-old Quentin McGee's face down in the rich Southern soil until she suffocated. The lawmen think Quentin's lover killed her. When the suspect's brother hires Sarah to prove his sibling innocent, Sarah quickly learns that the victim had plenty of wealthy, powerful enemies. Each had a bone to pick with Quentin for writing a scandalous exposé on her hometown. Adding spice to the gumbo is the news that Quentin was due to inherit the family fortune the day after she was killed...and that a second book was in the works. From illicit lovers and outraged families to slandered aristocrats, everyone is a suspect--and no one is safe...

"Carolyn Haines has done for the Delta what Janet Evanovich has done for New Jersey." --The State

"Wickedly funny. Devilishly clever. Scintillatingly Southern. Carolyn Haines is an author to die for." --Carolyn Hart

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:09 -0400)

When a local girl is found dead in a cotton field and her lover stands accused of the crime, southern belle and fearless P.I. Sarah Booth Delaney is hired by the suspects brother to expose the real killer, a dangerous assignment that pits her against the rich and powerful.… (more)

Carolyn Haines is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Carolyn Haines chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 14, 2010 to Jun 27, 2010. Read the chat.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,129,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible