Afraid by Jack Kilborn

Authors:Jack Kilborn
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2009), Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Rating:*****

Afraid by Jack Kilborn

English (108)  German (2)  All (110)
Bection! Way past adventure! Definitely not for the faint at heart! I was on my toes from the very start! ( )
  Max_E._Stone | Jul 13, 2016 |
Wow, this is one of those rare books that puts you on the edge of your seat before the 3rd page and keeps you there till the end. Afraid is a must read for fans of the thriller/horror genre. I will definatly be keeping an eye out for any future novels by Jack Kilborn. ( )
  Ashly_Cupit | Jun 7, 2016 |
Fantastic! This book was insane, very intense. Although I didn't really love any of the characters it was still an enjoyable read. For me though, the ending just made this book, it was perfect. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
True terror grips the town when it comes face to face with the evil that man does. ( )
  BobbieJoe101 | May 22, 2016 |
Quick read. Pretty gruesome. I definitely enjoyed this book, but I think I might wait a while before reading another one by Jack Kilborn. There was plenty of plot here...hard to put the book down. However, it really did become overwhelming after a while. I would have liked a little bit more development of the characters...almost as a place for my mind to rest between each climatic horrific scene. ( )
  magerber | Feb 22, 2016 |

Jack Kilbornprimary authorall editionscalculated
Konrath, J.A.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear.
-MARK TWAIN
This book is dedicated to four very smart publishing folks.
Miriam Goderich, for making me do it.
James Dystel, for never giving up on it.
Jamie Levine and Vicki Mellor, for seeing it's potential.
The hunter's moon, a shade of orange so dark it appeared to be filled with blood, hung fat and low over the mirror surface of Big Lake McDonald.

Welcome to Safe Haven, Wisconsin. Miles from everything, with one road in and out, this peaceful town has never needed a full-time police force. Until now . . . A helicopter has crashed near Safe Haven and unleashed something horrifying. Now this merciless force is about to do what it does best. Isolate. Terrorize. Annihilate. As residents begin dying in a storm of gory violence, Safe Haven's only chance for survival will rest with an aging county sheriff, a firefighter, and a single mom. And each will have this harrowing thought: Maybe death hasn't come to their town by accident . . .

ADVENTURE / THRILLER. Reminiscent of the best novels of Stephen King and Dean Koontz, AFRAID is the first novel from Headline's newest thriller author. Welcome to Safe Haven. Population 907. Nestled in the woods ofWisconsin, Safe Haven is miles from everything. With one road in and out, this is a town so peaceful it has never needed a full-time police force. Until now! A helicopter has crashed on the outskirts of town and something terrible has been unleashed. A classified secret weapon programmed to kill anything that stands in its way. Now it's headed for the nearest lights to do what it does best. Isolate. Terrorize. Annihilate. Soon all phone lines are dead and the road is blocked. Safe Haven's only chance for survival rests on the shoulders of an aging county sheriff. And as the body count rises, the sheriff realizes something even more terrifying - maybe death hasn't come to his little town by accident...Welcome to Safe Haven. Population 907...906...905!… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jack Kilborn's book Afraid was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jack Kilborn's book Afraid was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,442,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible