Die Zahlen der Toten: Thriller by Linda…

Die Zahlen der Toten: Thriller (edition 2010)

by Linda Castillo, Helga Augustin (Übersetzer)

Member:Blackfairy71
Title:Die Zahlen der Toten: Thriller
Authors:Linda Castillo
Other authors:Helga Augustin (Übersetzer)
Info:Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag (2010), Ausgabe: 9, Taschenbuch, 432 Seiten
Collections:Thriller, Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo

English (258)  Dutch (4)  Danish (2)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (265)
I'm definitely going to carry on with this series. Great characters and story. Definitely not for the squeamish or those with rape or torture triggers. ( )
  khaddox | May 8, 2016 |
Kirsten Potter
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
An exciting mystery/thriller set in the Ohio Amish community in the small town of Painter's Mill, population 5,000+, where a serial killer is on the loose after a 16-year hiatus. Kate Burkholder, the chief of police, was once part of the Amish community, and holds a secret about the earlier deaths that she cannot reveal because it would ruin both her job and her family. A fun, different take on crime fiction. ( )
  whymaggiemay | Mar 15, 2016 |
Kate Burkholder has a past, a secret she's been keeping since she was a kid, an innocent Amish kid. She was attacked and her actions appeared to stop the actions of a murderer. But now the murderer is back, the numbers carved into the bodies are going up and she's having to balance her past and her present and deal with messy local politics.

The characters weren't simple and one-sided and I enjoyed that.

This was an interesting murder mystery that kept me guessing throughout. Plenty of red herrings to keep me going. The romance didn't quite work on some levels but I'd be interested to read more set in this place, it gave me a good feeling of place and people. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 9, 2016 |
Violent and overly sadistic toward women. Characters were shallow and the romance was predictable and was like bringing a spoon to dig a hole. It wasn't enough to make up for all that was cruel. ( )
  aegan | Jan 21, 2016 |

Linda Castilloprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Coleman, BillCover landscape photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
istockphoto.com/becc…Cover Amish buggy photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McInerney, KathleenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rotstein, David BaldeosinghCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilson, LauraProducersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Forwith the devil did appear, For name him and he's always near. ~Matthew Prior, "Hans Carvel"
I'm one of those writers lucky enough to have a strong support system that sustains me in the long and sometimes difficult months it takes to write a novel. This book is dedicated to my husband, Ernest, who just happens to be my real-life hero. And to Jack and Debbie for that wonderful trip to Amish country. I love you guys.
She hadn't believed in monsters since she was six years old, back when her mom would check the closet and look beneath her bed at night.

Kate Burkholder, a former Amish resident of Painters Mill, is returning as police chief sixteen years after a series of brutal murders took place there, but when a new victim is found under her watch, she struggles with a secret that could hurt both her and her family.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,899,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible