Blue Hotel by Stephen Crane

Blue Hotel

by Stephen Crane

I read this three times in the past week for school. The first time I read it, I was bored. I was all, let's hurry up and get to the point already. Well, "The Blue Hotel" doesn't work like that.

The second time I read it, I noticed some of the subtly beautiful descriptions that Crane uses. I saw the blue paint of the Palace Hotel, felt the snowstorm in Fort Romper, and felt like I was losing at High-Five to Johnnie. Crane's writing is so delicate that you don't even realize you're reading.

The third time I read it, I got it. I was so disturbed by the implications that I couldn't get to sleep. It's not a scary or spooky story in any respect, but it hits deeper than you expect it to. ( )
  pocketmermaid | Feb 18, 2012 |

The Blue Hotel traces the fears of five men during a winter in the late 1800s and takes place in a small Nebraska town in a space of less than twenty-four hours. Sometimes called A Study in Fear, it is full of the harshness of the old west.

Legacy Library: Stephen Crane

Stephen Crane has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Stephen Crane's legacy profile.

See Stephen Crane's author page.

1 avail.1 free

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible