The New Physics for the Twenty-First Century…

The New Physics for the Twenty-First Century

by Gordon Fraser

Didn't read all of this , the chapter / articles assume too much technical knowledge ( )
  Baku-X | Jan 10, 2017 |
  BakuDreamer | Sep 7, 2013 |
Hefty collection of 19 chapters, by different authors, on the state of the art in different subfields.
  fpagan | Oct 14, 2006 |

Underpinning all the other branches of science, physics affects the way we live our lives, and ultimately how life itself functions. Recent scientific advances have led to dramatic reassessment of our understanding of the world around us, and made a significant impact on our lifestyle. In this book, leading international experts, including Nobel prize winners, explore the frontiers of modern physics, from the particles inside an atom to the stars that make up a galaxy, from nano-engineering and brain research to high-speed data networks. Revealing how physics plays a vital role in what we see around us, this book will fascinate scientists of all disciplines, and anyone wanting to know more about the world of physics today.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:02 -0400)

"This book investigates the key frontiers in modern-day physics, exploring our Universe - from the particles inside an atom to the stars that make up a galaxy, from brain research to the latest advances in high-speed electronic research networks. Each of the nineteen self-contained chapters written by leading international experts in will fascinate scientists of all disciplines and anyone wanting to know more about the world of physics today."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,346,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible