The Last Anniversary: A Novel by Liane…

The Last Anniversary: A Novel (2005)

by Liane Moriarty

yep, it's chick lit. but it's really enjoyable chick lit. smart, funny and warm fuzzies. filled with people you know aren't real but are close to being real and very enjoyable to be around. ( )
  mfabriz | Jun 26, 2017 |
There were some great characters in this novel - and there were some serious topics addressed as well. I felt such compassion and fear for Grace, and empathy for Sophie, and admiration for Margie. The revelation of secrets at the end of the book was satisfying without wrapping everyone up in a bow - and there was that last big surprise that Ms. Moriarty specializes in. ( )
  tjsjohanna | May 26, 2017 |
Great book, poor title. All of her stories are outstanding, but I think the titles are lackluster and don't draw the attention they should get. Great twists and interesting plot. Loved the ending.
  staceyfronczak | Mar 12, 2017 |
There's always a secret-and it's not always JUST the one you were reading to discover. Delicious. ( )
  kimpiddington | Mar 6, 2017 |
I'm going to give this one 3.5 stars actually. I have come to love Liane Moriarty books but this one isn't at the top of my favorites. It took me longer to get into this book and I kept feeling that I just wanted to be done with it. It drags a little and has too many different characters perspectives. I did enjoy the surprise at the end involving Rose, it made the read worth it! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
For my parents, Diane and Bernie Moriarty, with lots of love
'Do you really think we can get away with it?'

Sophie Honeywell always wondered if Thomas Gordon was the one she let get away. He was the perfect boyfriend, but on the day he was to propose, she broke his heart. A year later he married his travel agent, while Sophie has been mortifyingly single ever since. Now Thomas is back in her life because Sophie has unexpectedly inherited his aunt Connie's house on Scribbly Gum Island -- home of the famously unsolved MunroBabymystery.

Sophie moves onto the island and begins a new life as part of an unconventional family where it seems everyone has a secret. Grace, a beautiful young mother, is feverishly planning a shocking escape from her perfect life. Margie, a frumpy housewife, has made a pact with a stranger, while dreamy Aunt Rose wonders if maybe it's about time she started making her own decisions.

As Sophie's life becomes increasingly complicated, she discovers that sometimes you have to stop waiting around -- and come up with your own fairy-tale ending.

As she so adroitly did in her smashing debut novel, Three Wishes, the incomparable Liane Moriarty once again combines sharp wit, lovable and eccentric characters, and a page-turning story for an unforgettable Last Anniversary.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:26 -0400)

"Sophie Honeywell always wondered if Thomas Gordon was the one she let get away. He was the perfect boyfriend, but on the day he was to propose, she broke his heart. A year later he married his travel agent, while Sophie has been mortifyingly single ever since. Now Thomas is back in her life because Sophie has unexpectedly inherited his aunt Connie's house on Scribbly Gum Island -- home of the famously unsolved MunroBabymystery" -- publisher website (November 2006).… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible