Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and…

Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry

by Sharilyn Miller

This is the BEST book I've found about creating wire jewelry. BEST book EVER. It gives really, really clear steps on how to create wire jewelry and findings and clasps. Lots of awesome projects too. I hate that I have to take this book back to the library. I really do. I love it too much. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
Simply the best book for beginner wireworkers or anyone who wants to make pretty and unusual jewelry. ( )
  LauraKCurtis | Apr 6, 2009 |
While her style is not exactly my ideal, her techniques and eye for design are great. She uses very heavy guage wire and many designes don't translate into the lighter, cleaner style I'm trying to develop. The first half of the book is spent illustraing basic techniques and the projects utilize these skills. Photos are clear, however I would have liked more of them since her designs include many steps that were not always photographed. Instructions are concise and easy to follow. I have made a few of her pieces exactly and others I've adapted to my own designs. ( )
  Bookmarque | Sep 26, 2008 |
Good book for beginner jewelry makers who like to advance to wire work without the soldering. About forty percent of the book is filled with detailed step by step photographs showing techniques such as wrapped beads, using drills to do wire twists, how to make shepherd's hook ear wires and catches and basic hammered links. This author's specialty are designs using coiled and double coiled wires. ( )
  beadinggem | Oct 16, 2007 |
  adeptmagic | Feb 21, 2007 |

Sharilyn Miller shows crafters of all levels how to get on in the popular fields of jewellery & beading with more than 20 step-by-step projects.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,483,384 books! | Top bar: Always visible