Boundaries (Fireside/Parkside Recovery Book)…

Boundaries (Fireside/Parkside Recovery Book)

by Anne Katherine

208756,261 (3.93)None

This book has been very helpful to me. It's easy to read and understand. It is written in a clear and concise way that is very easy to understand but yet deals with delicate situations that can get off the track by not being able to see boundaries. I believe this book would be helpful for high school age and up. This is the kind of information that so many of us fail to fully comprehend or even may not have learned. We are living in a dysfunctional world where for one reason or another the simple basic rules become blurred and in the midst of it are people getting hurt. I highly recommend this book to anyone that deals with people for any reason, which would actually mean everyone alive ought to read this book. :) I got a lot out of insight about myself from this book. My therapist actually recommended it and I'm glad she did.[b:Boundaries: Where You End And I Begin: How To Recognize And Set Healthy Boundaries|109579|Boundaries Where You End And I Begin How To Recognize And Set Healthy Boundaries|Anne Katherine|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1171608030s/109579.jpg|105601] ( )
  lauren.nagel | Jan 31, 2015 |
  lauren.nagel | Jan 31, 2015 |
A good book to outline the boundaries and lines that are crossed everyday by people in relationships of any kind. Boundary violations are stated from incidents told by the author's clients. This book will help you to understand when you have been violated , and how to understand the process. ( )
1 vote bakersfieldbarbara | Sep 9, 2009 |
Dreadfully written and humorless. The author gives lip-service to the notion that boundaries are personal choices, then proceeds to present her own boundaries as universals. Her writing style is judgemental, her anecdotes contain cartoon characters rather than real people, and she just can't resist sharing her priggish attitudes with her readers (eg, her blanket condemnation of women who wear revealing bikinis at the beach). I just hope the author does not have a clinical practice, where she could do some real harm. ( )
1 vote rgberg2 | May 11, 2009 |
I started hating men after I read this book, and I'm a man!

Really though, the format of this book is to give anecdotal stories followed by 'gems' of understanding from the author. I really wish it would have gone over step-by-step ways of setting boundaries. If you're looking for that type of book, this isn't it. ( )
1 vote 89vine | Jul 12, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671791931, Paperback)

Are Your Boundaries Being Violated?

Boundaries separate us from others physically and emotionally. In fact, they are essential for our mental and physical health as well as for developing healthy relationships. Yet every day, people's boundaries are violated by friends, family, or coworkers. Despite the importance of personal boundaries many people are unaware of how or when these very important lines are crossed.

Which of the following are boundary violations?

Esther tells Betty a secret Mary told her.

Your therapist invites you to go for coffee.

Your boss wants to know the details of your personal life.

Your boss asks you if you'd like a hug.

Mom tells little Debbie about her troubles with Dad.

Your new neighbor pats you on the bottom as he turns away.

Your mother makes a comment about your being overweight.

All but one of the above incidents violate boundaries (your boss asks you if you'd like a hug). In Boundaries: Where You End and I Begin, Anne Katherine explains what healthy boundaries are, how to recognize if your personal boundaries are being violated, and what you can do to protect yourself.

For anyone who has walked away from a conversation, a meeting, or a visit with others feeling violated and not understanding why, this is a book that can help.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:05 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible