Lookin' for Luv by Carl Weber

Lookin' for Luv

by Carl Weber

For the most part, it was a good story... if you can get past the author's serious lack of sensitivity toward transsexuals and his disdain for interracial relationships. I, for one, am incensed by his attitude. This was my first and will be my last book by this author. ( )
  heike6 | May 2, 2013 |
I was somewhat shocked when I found that this book was supposed to be for juveniles.After reading this book,I find it extremely hard to believe that this book was meant to be read by a younger audience.While I found it in the Adult Fiction section of the library I felt it was the correct place to be. Not only did it contain references about drug use, but also, it also had several sexual relationships in it. The reason why I liked this book is because to how real it is.By this I mean that the characters are very realistic and so much so, I beg if I went on the street right now, I'm sure that I could hear a conversation just like the ones read in this book. Also, I enjoyed the way in which the author gave an individual voice to each character in the book.Not once did I feel confused by who was speaking. For each character, you saw a different man who was in a different type of situation. Furthermore, the way in which the author tied these men together was also good.I would have never thought the one come find a way to connect three friends and their boss. Overall, I was impressed by this book.Not only did the author do a great job, but also, this helped give me a new insight into men's minds when it comes to relationships.Also through reading this book, I found that for all the pretend that one does in life, in the end, all anyone wants in life is to be loved by someone and have someone love them back. ( )
  bamalibrarylady | Jan 14, 2010 |
  bamalibrarylady | Jan 14, 2010 |
This book changed me!!! I fell in love with Carl Weber and he became on of my favorite authors of all time!!! ( )
  nena_rls | Dec 22, 2009 |

Weber, Carlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Readersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"Kevin left behind a chance at the NBA to coach delinquents, but his toughest assignment is finding a girl who won't make his mama's church group fall into praying mode." -- Back cover.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible