Summer On Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

Summer On Blossom Street (edition 2009)

by Debbie Macomber

Member:jamberrypie
Title:Summer On Blossom Street
Authors:Debbie Macomber
Info:Mira (2009), Edition: Library ed, Hardcover, 368 pages
Tags:done Dec 2009, 2009d, fiction, series, contemporary, chick lit, Seattle, knitting, multiple voices

Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

I'm adopted and this book had me in laughter and tears.. So heartwarming. ( )
  spotknewt | Jun 26, 2014 |
A light-hearted piece about individuals and families in a Seattle, Washington neighborhood with a smorgasbord of family relationships and romance. It was read by the radio star, Delilah. I like to listen to Delilah on the radio occasionally, but didn't care for her reading. She put too much emotion, and sometimes inappropriate emotion for the context, in my opinion. I found that distracting. I did like it because it was "family-friendly" and "prim granny" friendly. ;-) ( )
  FancyHorse | Feb 24, 2014 |
Sometimes, knitting comes out perfect – even stitches, even rows. But sometimes, the tension is uneven; stitches get dropped, and rows must ripped out and redone. Life can be like that, too. Sometimes it is perfect, and sometimes tension causes rifts in relationships that must be reworked. There are some new faces on Blossom Street, and not all are happy. Phoebe just broke off her engagement, and is so ashamed that she lies about the real reason. Casey, a resentful foster child, believes that anger can protect her from hurt. Can Lydia and Brad reach the defiant child without sacrificing their own family peace? Anne Marie has child problems of her own in the form of Ellen’s long-lost father. And is Anne Marie attracted to him? But he has other ideas, or does he? Alix is so nervous she has again taken up smoking, much to everyone’s dismay. How can things possibly work out? Well, they do, but is everyone satisfied with the outcome? You won’t know until you read this charming addition to the Blossom Street saga. These well-developed characters will seem like old friends by the time you finish the story. ( )
  Maydacat | Feb 24, 2013 |
My thought were sweet. I really enjoyed this book. I love how it ends and I am really glad for what happens to some of the woman in the book. You get see how the friendship develop and Relationships are tested though out the book. How friends can help and see the understanding. You get to see how part of the adoption take place and how thing can be tested with out knowing can happen unexpected. Love can happen though strange whys. Never did I expect what would happen at the end of the book.

The Author did a wonderful job with the character and matching them up but doing in a way that would happen natural to find out how it all happen. It was nice reading about them all and not confuse me while reading it. I will want to read books 1-5 understand completely soon though. I am going to be reading 5 "Twenty Wishes now." ( )
  Lindz2012 | Jul 8, 2012 |
The latest, safe and warm installment in the Blossom Street tradition. People are moving on, characters come and go and their lives continue. Once again the story narrows in on a number of people and families, some new, some already familiar, and the emotional issues they encounter
  nordie | Jul 6, 2011 |
To Delilah

My God-given friend
Wednesday morning, a not-so-perfect June day, I turned over the Open sign at my yarn store on Blossom Street.

Off the Cover flap.....
Knitting is a lot like life... dropped stitches and all!
Knitting and life. They're both about beginnings - and endings. That's why it makes sense for Lydia Goetz, owner of A Good Yarn on Seattle's Blossom Street, to offer a class called Knit to Quit. It's for people who want to quit something - or someone! - and start a new phase of their lives.

First to join is Phoebe Rylander. She recently ended her engagement to a man who doesn't know the meaning of faithful, and she's trying to get over him. Then there's Alix Turner. She and her husband, Jordan, want a baby, which means she has to quit smoking . And Bryan Hutchinson joins the class because he needs a way to deal with the stress of running his family's business - not to mention the lawsuit brought against him by an unscrupulous lawyer.

Life can be as complicated as a knitting pattern. Just ask Anne Marie Roche. She and her adopted daughter, Ellen, finally have the happiness they wished for. And then a stranger comes to her bookstore asking quiestions.

Or ask Lydia herself. Not only is she coping with her increasingly frail mother, but she and Brad have unexpectedly become foster parents to an angry, defiant twelve-year-old.

But as Lydia already knows, when life gets difficult and your stitches are snarled, your friends can always help!

Upbeat cancer survivor Lydia and her pragmatic sister, Margaret, start a "Knit to Quit" group in their Blossom Street yarn store in Seattle, bringing in a delightful assortment of customers for weekly self-help sessions, including a local baker who wants a baby as much as Lydia does, a super-stressed chocolate magnate who takes the knitting class after his doctor suggests it, and a young woman who is trying to quit obsessing about a broken engagement.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,470,328 books! | Top bar: Always visible