Summer On Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

Summer On Blossom Street (edition 2009)

by Debbie Macomber

Member:jamberrypie
Title:Summer On Blossom Street
Authors:Debbie Macomber
Info:Mira (2009), Edition: Library ed, Hardcover, 368 pages
Tags:done Dec 2009, 2009d, fiction, series, contemporary, chick lit, Seattle, knitting, multiple voices

Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

Laural Merlington
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Another enjoyable read in the Blossom Street series. The ending was a good one and of course I can't wait to get into book 7 of the series! Debbie Macomber has to be one of my favorite authors! ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
4 stars
From book jacket: "Knitting and life. They're both about beginnings—and endings. That's why it makes sense for Lydia Goetz, owner of A Good Yarn on Seattle's Blossom Street, to offer a class called Knit to Quit. It's for people who want to quit something—or someone!—and start a new phase of their lives. First to join is Phoebe Rylander. She recently ended her engagement to a man who doesn't know the meaning of faithful, and she's trying to get over him. Then there's Alix Turner. She and her husband, Jordan, want a baby, which means she has to quit smoking. And Bryan Hutchinson joins the class because he needs a way to deal with the stress of running his family's business—not to mention the lawsuit brought against him by an unscrupulous lawyer. Life can be as complicated as a knitting pattern. Just ask Anne Marie Roche. She and her adopted daughter, Ellen, finally have the happiness they wished for. And then a stranger comes to her bookstore asking questions. Or ask Lydia herself. Not only is she coping with her increasingly frail mother, but she and Brad have unexpectedly become foster parents to an angry, defiant twelve-year-old. But as Lydia already knows, when life gets difficult and your stitches are snarled, your friends can always help!"

This is book 5 in the Blossom Street series by Debbie Macomber. As usual, the book tells stories about several different characters, some new, some old. One of my favorite parts about Macomber's series are that fact that with each book we get to learn new elements in the character's lives. In this book, we get a continuing of the stories of Lydia Goetz, Alix Turner, Anne Marie Roche and Ellen, and we also meet 2 new characters in Phoebe and Hutch. Each character is facing a different challenge, and I enjoy reading about the ups and downs they go through and I love when everything works out in the end. I was also happy to see not just knitting, but also some crochet being featured as I love crochet and haven't quite gotten knitting down yet. All in all, this was another successful addition the series and I look forward to the next. ( )
  Tanya-D | Jan 15, 2016 |
Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber is a beach book, plain and simple. It is the story of a number of families living in the same neighbourhood. They all have lovely professions - one runs a bookstore, one a knitting shop, one a bakeshop. Each of the families is experiencing a crisis of some sort - one wants to adopt, one has an ex-fiance who won't leave her alone, another wants to quit smoking.

Here's the thing; the author makes you care about her characters, their struggles and their happy endings - because, of course, everyone has a happy ending! I would definitely recommend this book for an easy, friendly read. ( )
  EvelynBernard | Nov 1, 2015 |
A very captivating story even though the romance didn't really get going until the second half the development of the individuals was so absorbing it more than made up for it. I liked that there were multiple characters developing loving relationships. Hutch, Phoebe and Alix sign up for Lydia's knit to quit class.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
To Delilah

My God-given friend
Wednesday morning, a not-so-perfect June day, I turned over the Open sign at my yarn store on Blossom Street.

Off the Cover flap.....
Knitting is a lot like life... dropped stitches and all!
Knitting and life. They're both about beginnings - and endings. That's why it makes sense for Lydia Goetz, owner of A Good Yarn on Seattle's Blossom Street, to offer a class called Knit to Quit. It's for people who want to quit something - or someone! - and start a new phase of their lives.

First to join is Phoebe Rylander. She recently ended her engagement to a man who doesn't know the meaning of faithful, and she's trying to get over him. Then there's Alix Turner. She and her husband, Jordan, want a baby, which means she has to quit smoking . And Bryan Hutchinson joins the class because he needs a way to deal with the stress of running his family's business - not to mention the lawsuit brought against him by an unscrupulous lawyer.

Life can be as complicated as a knitting pattern. Just ask Anne Marie Roche. She and her adopted daughter, Ellen, finally have the happiness they wished for. And then a stranger comes to her bookstore asking quiestions.

Upbeat cancer survivor Lydia and her pragmatic sister, Margaret, start a "Knit to Quit" group in their Blossom Street yarn store in Seattle, bringing in a delightful assortment of customers for weekly self-help sessions, including a local baker who wants a baby as much as Lydia does, a super-stressed chocolate magnate who takes the knitting class after his doctor suggests it, and a young woman who is trying to quit obsessing about a broken engagement.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,523,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible