Five Silly Monkeys by Steven Haskamp

Five Silly Monkeys

by Steven Haskamp

12 months - I get bored of this style book and recommend owning just one of these that counts down from ten. However, we signed five little monkeys in signing class so the book allowed us to practice the signs, sing the song and in this version practice the action signs: Jumping, eating, swinging, sliding, spinning. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This book is a variation of the classic "Five Little Monkeys" song in a book format. Not only is it inexpensive but it's durable and a perfect size for children's hands.

While this book is familiar and predictable, there are slight variations with each page which will be a new way for children to hear it.

Good book to get into the hands of toddlers to promote and encourage emergent readers. ( )
  Scott_Nilson | Sep 18, 2013 |
• This book is about five silly monkeys jumping, eating, swinging, sliding, and spinning on the bed. Each monkey is being silly and hurting themselves while doing one of the activities listed above. The monkey’s mom calls the doctor and over and over again the doctor tells them not to jump on the bed. Then at the end, on the cover page, all five monkeys shout out no one said we couldn’t jump on the couch.
• This book is great for younger children. I love the art on each page and the monkey’s expressions are great. I remember when I was younger my mom use to get onto me and my brother for jumping on the bed that is how we got introduced to this book. Learning jumping on the bed is fun and good until someone gets hurt.
• Each student in the class could sing along with the book and the students who don’t know the five little monkeys song, well it gives them a chance to learn it. Also each student could learn how to count to five from this book and practice it in fun ways around the classroom. ( )
  KaseyPlumbtree | Jan 29, 2012 |
This is a nice book that goes along with the "monkeys jumping on the bed song". Ali enjoyed touching the monkey faces from a very young age. ( )
  mayalanda | Oct 16, 2007 |

This playful variation on the familiar song features five charismatic little monkeys eating, swinging, sliding, and jumping on the bed!

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,973,646 books! | Top bar: Always visible