The Raiders by Harold Robbins

The Raiders (1995)

by Harold Robbins

The explosive sequel to The Carpetbaggers is set in an atmosphere of wealth, decadence, and unbridled sexuality, ranging in scene from Las Vegas to Mexico City, New York and Havana. This electrifying tale continues the Cord family saga, pitting Jonas Cord, Jr. against his illegitimate son, Bat, in a struggle for control of a vast fortune. HC: Simon & Schuster. ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
This is not a Harold Robbins. I read it end of the nineties. It was the only one of the books published in the nineties as "Harold Robbins". I thought he was old. Until I had read Grace Robbins "Cinderella and the Carpetbagger", after this I knew, it wasn't Harold Robbins which had written the books after "Piranhas". He wasn't able to write a novel after his stroke in the eighties. "The Piranhas" was the last written by Harold Robbins.

I can not say too much about the book because I read it fifteen years ago. I can say: it is not a Harold Robbins. It has not the same style like a Harold Robbins. Harold Robbins novels are moving forward, this is not moving forward. Jonas Cord is not like Jonas Cord in the Carpetbaggers. The characters have a great lack. They seems not like the same characters in the Carpetbaggers. ( )
  AlecBaker | Jun 23, 2013 |

Tycoon Jonas Cord, the hero of the 1950s bestseller, The Carpetbaggers, discovers he has a grown son, who is a rich man. The two join forces and the novel follows them as they outdo each other in boardrooms and bedrooms.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,738,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible