Knock Out by Catherine Coulter

Knock Out (2009)

by Catherine Coulter

Ok. I was expecting more FBI and less paranormal. I thought it dragged on. They should have killed Blessed as soon as they could have. ( )
  nx74defiant | Jan 23, 2016 |
Another installment of FBI agents Savitch and Sherlock with two main story lines. It opens with a bank robbery where Savitch is a customer in the bank. Robbers are killed. Surviving robber, who is totally, criminally insane, gets away and goes on a quest to kill Savitch. The second story line involves a seven year old girl, Autumn, who has the power to call people and talk to them without using a phone. Her deceased father's relatives are after her to bring her into their cult. Her mother, Joanna and the local sheriff, Ethan Merriweather get "stymied" by one of her uncles, Blessed and the paranormal romp continues. I enjoyed the story, even if the premise was a tad bit "out there". ( )
  AdorableArlene | Jan 3, 2012 |
I have no idea why I finished listening to this book-- probably because I really enjoyed previous books in the series.I didn't like the audio production. This is one of the few times that I really thought the characters (particularly Sherlock) didn't sound right.The story never worked for me, some of the scenes were unintentionally funny, I never felt attached to any of the characters (and that included the ones I "knew" from previous books and the little girl, a character normally guaranteed to charm. ( )
1 vote ImBookingIt | Jun 6, 2011 |
I wanted to like this book - I liked the characters, I liked the premise. I abhorred the DIALOUGE. Who speaks like that? Holy contrived conversations to move the plot along! Way too much coincidence! Bones of a great story here, but I was disappointed by Coulter's literary laziness. ( )
1 vote EileenWYSIWYG | Jun 1, 2011 |
Savich and Sherlock are tracking down a family with special mind-controlling gifts who are trying to kidnap their dead brother's child in order to continue their cult. Savich also has 2 bank robbers trying to kill him because he shot the mother of one of the robbers in a bank. I think I have a couple more to read before I have to wait for the next book in this series to come out. ( )
  LeHack | Aug 15, 2010 |
To my brother-in-law Larry Horton, who has the biggest heart I've ever seen and kindness of spirit that's bone deep. You are well loved.

-Catherine
"Everyone shut up!"
"...don't you hit her again, you hear me? You're a monster, you're crazy. Leave Ethan alone. Leave my mama alone!"

After witnessing her relatives burying a pile of dead bodies in the middle of the night, a seven-year-old uses her telepathic powers to call a man she's seen only on television: FBI Agent Dillon Savich. Now Savich and his wife and partner, Agent Lacey Sherlock, face their most elusive foes to keep the child out of harm's way-before it's too late.

FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock are back in this electrifying thriller as they attempt to keep Autumn Backman, a seven-year-old telepath, from falling into the hands of her uncle and his growing army of exploited children.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,173,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible