Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Is contained in
Plays On Women: Anon, Arden of Faversham; Middleton and Dekker, The Roaring Girl; Middleton, A Chaste Maid in Cheapside; Heywood, A Woman Killed with Kindness (Revels Student Editions) by Kathleen McLuskie
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0393952363, Paperback)New Mermaids are modernized and fully-annotated editions of classic English plays. Each volume includes:
• The playtext, in modern spelling, edited to the highest bibliographical and textual standards
• Textual notes recording significant changes to the copytext and variant readings
• Glossing notes explaining obscure words and word-play
• Critical, contextual and staging notes
• Photographs of productions where applicable
• A full introduction which provides a critical account of the play, the staging conventions of the time and recent stage history; discusses authorship, date, sources and the text; and gives guidance for further reading.
Edited and updated by leading scholars and printed in a clear, easy-to-use format, New Mermaids offer invaluable guidance for actor, student, and theatre-goer alike.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:18 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.