Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide…

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well

by David L. Hough

I am embarrassed to admit that although this book is well-written, informative and descriptive, I haven't read it all the way through.

It functions as both a manual and a guide, an informative text on how to perform certain maneuvers, better your skills and care for your motorcycle.

It offers cautionary anecdotes to underscore the importance of riding with caution and awareness.

It is a great book, but I've been ingesting it in bits and pieces. I tend to pick it up when I've been struggling with the application of a maneuver -- such as cornering, which was taught to me in the MSF course a certain way, but is often better applied in real life riding through the application of late apexing. The tips and illustrations helped me work through my confusion until I was able to apply the written word to the actuality of movement. ( )
  mephistia | Apr 6, 2013 |
  RDGlibrary | Nov 28, 2010 |
Excellent book for street motorcycle riders. ( )
  RichardEarl | Dec 11, 2008 |
The book when it comes to talking about riding motorcycles better and safer on the road. A lot of experience has gone into writing about what to do in situationas and how to handle a motorcycle.

If you only read one book on motorcycling, this is the one you should read. ( )
  lcbrink | Nov 16, 2008 |

You must read this book if you ride.

I've been riding on and off for over 30 years and learned some great techniques from this book. It will definitely make you a safer rider. ( )
  sfisk | Sep 4, 2008 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,331,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible