Jake's Tower by Elizabeth Laird

Jake's Tower (2001)

by Elizabeth Laird

Jake's Tower is a wonderful book about a boy who experienced a lot of difficulties in life at such a very young age. It exceptionally shows the feelings of a boy who does not lose hope in dreaming of his father, whom he has never met, and a tower where he wishes to live with his parents reunited. An amazingly touching book I was very much able to relate to. ( )
  hackmac | Apr 15, 2008 |

'It's good that I've found this secret place. I can come here and make plans. My main plan for the future is my dream house. It's very tall and thin. A tower really. There'll be a lift to whiz me up to the top. No one can get to me up there. It's totally safe.' In real life, Jake is never safe. He lives in constant fear of his mother's violent boyfriend. But in his imaginary tower he can dream up his own father - the stranger who gave him a cuddle and a fluffy duck the day he was born and went away for ever. Jake doesn't believe dreams ever come true. But sometimes they do - in strange and surprising ways.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:42 -0400)

"Jake is an unhappy boy whose dream is to live in a tower, protected by a moat and a drawbridge. His room would be at the tower's very top, where he would always be safe and happy. In real life, Jake is never safe and he's seldom happy ..."--Cover p.4.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible