Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels

Faith & Fidelity (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Tere Michaels

Member:lovekad
Title:Faith & Fidelity
Authors:Tere Michaels
Info:Loose Id, LLC (2009), Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Lovekad
Rating:***1/2

Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels (2008)

English (10)  German (1)  All languages (11)
This was a great M/M read! I was crying after the first chapter. I liked how their relationship evolved and their discoveries of sexuality, healing, and love. I would have liked a bit more a the end, but loved it nonetheless. ( )
  asgwilli | Mar 22, 2014 |
This book had me crying in many places, yelling at the characters in frustration, and cheering when they got together.

I loved how we got to see both men deal with their evolving relationship. I could relate with both characters, and the author made the situation seem realistic. There were no kittens, rainbows, and bunnies when the men got together and they had to fight to make it work for them.

I agree with the other reviewers, if you are looking for a good male/male book, then this is a good book. Heck, this is a good romance period. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
I guess I would actually give it 3.5.

I think my feelings about the story are somewhat as ambivalent as the characters feelings. It was a very interesting take on the M/M theme where both guys are encountering their first same sex relationship. While it first it seems to work because they have feelings for each other the chance encounter Matt has with a bar pick up seem to make his attraction on the sexual size as well.

The story drew me in and I worried about the characters and their relationship. There seemed to be so much angst and build up that the end almost seemed to be sort of abrupt.

While I enjoyed the story not sure I'll read the rest of the series. ( )
  KatyBethMcKee | Mar 30, 2013 |
So far, I've only read the prologue but I cried like a girl.... sigh.I really liked this one. It kind of had everything - angst, passion, humour, homecoming. I rushed out and bought the other 2 in the series immediately.This was friends to lovers, gay-for-you story, with angst, hotness and children. Evan Cerelli is a widower cop with 4 children. Matt Haight is a former policeman with friends in common with Evan. The book starts off at Evan's wife's funeral so I was crying before the end of the prologue. Which shows that the writing was so good I was hooked right away. Neither Matt nor Evan have previously been into men before. At one point, Matt was wondering to himself what he'd say if anyone asked him why he was so cheerful:- Uh, let's see... he's about six feet tall, muscular - with these silver-blue eyes that frankly make me harder than any rack I've ever laid eyes on. Go figure. I'm an eye man. And, apparently, a "man" man. Every once in a while he'd stare at the phone wonder what kind of day Evan was having. Good Christ, Matt, you've suddenly wound up in a fucking romance novel. Plus, there are children to consider and weird in-laws. Both men are well drawn and likeable. I liked the exploration of where both were at and how they got to their HEA - I would have liked just a little more at the end... but, really, excellent. ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
added by gsc55 | editMM Good Book Reviews, Lisa (Nov 12, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editPrism Book Alliance, PizzyGirl (Oct 1, 2014)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,932,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible