Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 by Kanata Konami

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 (edition 2010)

by Kanata Konami

Member:PhoenixTerran
Title:Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
Authors:Kanata Konami
Info:Vertical (2010), Paperback, 144 pages
Tags:Chi's Sweet Home, Fiction, Graphic Literature, Manga, Cats

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 by Kanata Konami

This is the third book in the Chi’s Sweet Home series. This is a wonderful manga series that is very funny and very cute. This is a wonderful series for all ages and great for those who love cats and their antics.

This is the most heart-wrenching book of the series. Chi makes a new friend in the neighbor cat Blackie, but the superintendent has finally caught up with Blackie and threatens to evict his owners. This whole event really forces the Yamada family to decide whether or not they will keep Chi or be forced to find her a new home. Yohei is absolutely devastated at the prospect of losing Chi.

While this book wasn’t as hilariously funny as previous books, it was still an excellent read that my whole family really enjoyed. The illustration throughout is wonderful and I enjoyed how much the story progressed in this book too! We are really starting to see a story develop here as the Yamada family struggles with some hard decisions.

I loved the hopeful ending to the story as well. This book was very engaging, my seven year old son was on the edge of his desperately hoping that Yohei wouldn’t lose his best friend, Chi. He wouldn’t let me stop reading until we found out what happened!

The illustration is done in mostly pastels and is easy to follow. The illustrations are hilarious and do an excellent job of showing the emotions of the cats and people.

Overall highly recommended to cat lovers of all ages. This book had more story in it than previous books in the series and was a bit more serious and heart-wrenching. I enjoyed it and how much the story progressed. The story was all the more engaging because of the troubles the Yamada’s faced. I can’t wait to see what happens next! ( )
  krau0098 | Feb 28, 2014 |
First rate! Hilarious and cute! On a level with the first book. The story continues as the Yamadas have to deal with the very real situation that they can't keep hiding Chi in their no-pets-allowed apartment for much longer. Chi expands and deepens his friendship with the troublemaker, Blackie the Cat. Blackies first appearance didn't endear him to me but after this volume, I've grown attached to him as we learned a lot more about his ways and feelings. Kanata really captures some truly hilarious and profound moments of kitten/cat behaviour. My favourites being when Chi first encounters a new (very energetic) little girl, getting a claw stuck in the curtain only to find that when one gets free another gets stuck and her hilarious attention-seeking antics. The volume promises changes for the Yamadas and Chi and I'm looking forward to it. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jan 9, 2014 |
Oh wow, the end of this volume is the start of the second season of the anime. I thought I was going to have to read a lot more volumes to reach that point.

The Yamadas are a nice family and all, but this volume had me wondering just how smart Mr. and Mrs. Yamada really are. Clearly they didn't bother looking for pet-friendly apartments at all, considering that they latched onto the first billboard advertisement they saw.

I did like the adorable friendship between Chi and Blackie and teared up a bit when they were separated.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Nov 29, 2013 |
Chi's family has to decide if they will have to give away their mischevious (and forbidden) kitten to continue living in their no-pets-allowed apartment, and the situation is made worse when Chi and another secret pet are seen by the super.
  LibraryGirl11 | Jun 19, 2013 |

自從結識了大黑貓後,廖廖便經常跟她到處玩耍,更學會很多東西,如「霸地盤」小便、跳躍技巧,和抓獵物做手信,牠們的感情也愈來愈好。

一天,從北海道來的樹里妹妹,探望正被大廈不准養貓規例困擾的洋平一家。樹里妹妹十分喜歡廖廖,追著她又玩又叫,她媽媽見狀,便向山田太太提議,若大廈不准養貓,她們願意收留廖廖。於是,他們便商量送走廖廖,但由於一家三口都捨不得這隻可愛小貓咪,討論始終未有定案。

經常「聯群結隊」的大黑貓和廖廖,竟在「偷吃」時被巡樓的大廈管理員發現了!!大黑貓立即帶領廖廖逃走,最終雖成功逃脫,但被發現居住位置的大黑貓,難逃被趕走的厄運。臨別依依,大黑貓唅著草猛作手信,輕敲廖廖家的玻璃窗,向牠話別……

"Kitten-rearing is something, but raising a street-smart feline in a building with a strict no-pets policy is another story altogether. When mentoring a crious kitty, tactful tabbies must teach with patience and a firm paw. Remember, cats are a special breed. While we can survive well enough on instinct, those same feline responses can lead to unwanted attention. This long-whiskered one recommends spending lots of time with your little furballs, for they will instictively look for mischief unless thoroughly entertained" -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,691,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible